Does it ever stop???

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
LOLOL, the kid is attempting to figure me out. You couldn't be more wrong in your assessment of me. It's one of a few hobbies and I have a life. It must be great to be young and know everything.
But i didnt say anything like that...

Achuma Farmer

Arachnopeon
I'm hooked, and I probably need to stop since I am so new at this - I don't want to hit a point where I am overwhelmed or have just had a streak of beginner keeper's luck. I've been keeping for about 6 months now, and I'm up to 14 adult females and 10 slings. I had mostly Brachypelma, Grammostola, Aphonopelma, Cyaneopubescens and Avicularia - then got more bold with some M. Robustum and some Pamphobeteus, N. Chromatus... then a few weeks ago I started into the old world and now have a P. Ornata, P. Muticus (0.1... the goddess lol) and I. Mira. A couple of Acanthoscurria and LP juvies, etc. So, I still want more. Still always browsing vendors when I'm bored. All of them are doing quite well - with the exception of 2 that I am worried about*, but I don't think I'm experienced enough to go further until I've kept them all for a couple of years with success. I'm gonna stop now and just enjoy what I have. Running a feeder colony is also keeping me busy.

*Acanthoscurria Antillensis juvenile (about 2.5") that has itself sealed off and nearly starved to death (shriveled abdomen, weak) - kept reading the "spider knows best" advice but decided to open its hole and drop a cricket in which it devoured, I gave it a 2nd one several hours later which it also devoured. It wasn't coming up for its water dish either. Also, the P. Muticus which has done the same thing but has only been a week... I know it can go several months before deciding to come out, but after seeing Tom Moran's video I am worried.

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
I've got a long list but there only six MUST haves on that list and I've got four of em. id like to buy the last two on my list but I'm trying to fix my money situation right now. Lol.

There's a few rare and expensive Ts that I want that I probably won't get until I get a better job, lol.

Stella Maris

Arachnoknight
As much as I wish I could own every beautiful theraphosid in the world, I think 20 is enough for me right now. Until I come across any of the American Aphonopelma species or G. pulchra locally, I think all of my slings, juvies, and sub-adults are keeping me busy and entertained.

I would love to get more baboon spiders but Scooter and Darling are it right now.

Screamingreenmachine

Arachnosquire
Well....

To reaffirm my statement that it never stops, I just managed to snag a 2.5 inch Pulchra from a cool fellow here :D It'll be in my possession on Thursday! Yet another for the collection. Wasn't letting this one escape

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A trick I've stumbled upon is having your wishlist composed of spiders you can't afford. All I want at the moment is a female Xenesthis of some type.

Haemus

Arachnosquire
There's so much to pursue in the hobby it's mind boggling. Right now I'm interested in getting better quality out of my videos, so I'm researching that while developing my arboreal enclosures as well.

I always fall for a species after seeing a nice picture. Lately I've been attracted towards a certain Brachypelma, luckily I haven't seen too many images of them and I stay out of the photography section lol

FrysLament

Arachnopeon
I'll probably be adding another 3 B. hamorii and 3 A. chalcodes slings in the next couple weeks. I'm waiting to sex all of my Psalmopoeus before deciding on buying more (just one or two more molts and it should be easy enough). Also keeping my eye out for C. Cyaneopubescens slings at an affordable price. I like my male GBB, but I would really like to have a couple females. These are all just more of what I already have. There are others I want, but realistically won't get for another year or two.

So, I guess... No. No would be my answer to the original question.