Does faster growth rate always mean male?

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I have 2 T. Albopilosus slings. I got them around the same time, all fed the same times. One is growing like a weed and the other has yet to molt at all. Does that mean I likely have one male and one female, or does the growth rate not really matter? I’ve heard people say some of their females grew faster than their males, and a lot of people say males generally grow faster. What are your thoughts/experiences with slings of the same species?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Nope fast growth rate does not mean male, at least not IME It can go either way.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
Nope fast growth rate does not mean male, at least not IME It can go either way.
I was curious if anyone has ever raised 2 slings of the same species at the same time, and the faster growing one turning out female. That would really debunk the whole “males grow faster” idea.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I was curious if anyone has ever raised 2 slings of the same species at the same time, and the faster growing one turning out female. That would really debunk the whole “males grow faster” idea.
Lots of reports on it on here.

jay444

Arachnosquire
Males will reach maturity with less molts than females, but they wont necessarily molt more frequently.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I have two sexed Avicularia avicularia sacmates, and the female is outpacing the male by a few months.