Does anyone know how large Twin flagged jumpers get? (Anasaitis canosa)

1Lord Of Ants1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Because I just snagged four, my first jumpers I've seen in forever, besides the green magnolias. They range from 4mm to 8mm, and I lost a larger one that was probably 10mm. Can someone tell me what their adult size is? (And also how to sex them)

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Hi! I love these little Jumpers! They're all over the place where I live. So cool to observe in action. :)

Here is a link to an excellent video by DEH. It will show the difference of males and females. As for their size, too small IMO... {D They are great spiders, and I wish they got a little bigger.

You will enjoy their company very much, as I have.

link to vid:

http://www.archive.org/details/Davi...iscanosajumpingspidersinGreenvilleCountySCUSA

and a link to my FB album of some I had: (pardon the pic quality)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=8507&id=100001761769919&l=178dc6f2b7

Good luck with them!

1Lord Of Ants1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah...I guess I an adult male and female pair then, cause they're mating right now. :) I do wish I could find a 10mm+ species...like a Phidippus of some sort. Other than that huge jumper I remember as a kid, I don't think I've seen anything large as long as I've been here.

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
I have a few Phidippus regius juvies that will soon be subadults. When I next have a chance to come to Orlando I will see if they are old enough to sex a male & female. If you haven't found any by then, & if you are still interested, you can have a mateable pair.

If things go well, I will be in Orlando the 2nd weekend in January. These will be free for you, as I have so many that it's unbelieveable. {D All you have to do is drive somewhere near the Dog-track. (Red Bug Lake Road area)

I will post back here as the time gets near, to see if you are interested.
'Til then,

S.

revilo

Arachnoknight
hi silberrücken,

very nice vid ! thx for sharing ! :clap:

regards, oli

EXOPET

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'd love some of these, they look like a pimped up Menemerus sembilliatus