Dodgy molt

Octogone

Arachnopeon
I have a Pamphobeteus sp N. Peru female trying to molt but it appears she didn't manage to turn herself over. The carapace has now popped anyway and so (rightly or wrongly) I've flipped her over to see if it helps her but she doesn't seem in a very good way. I'm going to leave her be now or is there anything else I should do?

Caramell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Some tarantulas molt right side up. You really should'nt have disturbed her, all you can do now is wait.

pok2010

Arachnopeon
What caramel said :worship:

im starting to think there is nothing on the net about anything :rolleyes:

just got to leave her now mate, hope for the best

Octogone

Arachnopeon
Looks okay

Seems to have been a success - she's out and righted herself and all legs intact. Wait and see now how she recovers but it's looking much better than things looked three hours ago.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Webutt, Not chiding, but I'll emphasize yet again what caramell said. I broke the rule once when trying to save my large female Theraphosa "burgundy". She released on one side but only barely on the other- then, evidently rolling onto her legs crushing them. She had already bled out by the time I found her. :( It makes alot of sense that larger t's could have trouble with such molts due to their weight.

Glad yours didn't have any trouble this time. :)

Terry