Do YOU know what it could be?

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was picking up a box of crix at the petstore yesterday when the owner said that his supplier had some "Malaysian scorpions with rediculously large claws" and was going to bring a couple in.. now I am assuming a Heterometrus sp. but I know it wouldnt be spinifer (Malaysian Forest Scorpion) because he often carries them and they are from the same guy.. does anyone have a clue as to what it may be?

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah I was thinking that was a definate possibility but could see why the guy would think it has so special.. hmmm I guess we shall wait and see!! lol

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Do you know the size? Something like L.waigiensis would be a suspect. The catalogue doesn't have it from Malasia, per se, but does indicate records in Indonesia -- which might well result in export from Malasia.

Pic from the Scorpion Files

Cheers,
Dave

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
By saying large claws could mean either they are long, therefore longimanus, or massive, could also be laoticus.

L. waigiensis is also possible as Dave suggested, but the importer should have mentione tiny scorps with massive claws.

Here are some pics:

Each square is 1cm

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well I am really hoping that is the case now. :D and those certainly have the "rediculously large claws" that were suggested.. I just cant see it being longimanus. why would something that looks so much like the spinifer be a big deal? but we will have to wait and see. I will keep you all posted :D thanks again for your help.