Do you just leave it alone ?

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I transferred my A. brock and E. pachypus juvies to new enclosures.
A.brock took right to it as I thought, but my E. pachypus looks stressed out ?
Just clinging to a corner like an Arboreal ... I put a black shirt on the enclosure but idk just leave it be ?

Meecht

Arachnosquire
Is the substrate in the new enclosures the same as their previous? How long has it been since the transfer?

Verneph

Arachnosquire
Usually you leave a T. alone for about a week after a transfer. It's normal for a T. to get stressed out during one. The black shirt was a good idea. Could we get some pics of the new enclosure? You're not using any strange substrate or anything, yes?

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I transferred about 10-11 hours ago . I changed from potting soil mixed with vermiculite to organic peat moss mixed with vermiculite .

Verneph

Arachnosquire
Ha, well definitely give your T. more time then. It takes a while for some to adjust to newer surroundings. I'm not familiar with peat moss substrate, but I wouldn't think that would cause a major issue once the T. got used to it.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I transferred my A. brock and E. pachypus juvies to new enclosures.
A.brock took right to it as I thought, but my E. pachypus looks stressed out ?
Just clinging to a corner like an Arboreal ... I put a black shirt on the enclosure but idk just leave it be ?
I would leave it be and wait for it to get used to it's new enviroment and surroundings. It can be something as simple as the substrate being too moist. Either way just leave it be for now.

I hope this helps.

Alexandra V

Arachnosquire
As was said, definitely leave it alone for a while. It could be something to do with the substrate (too moist, just doesn't like the texture, etc...) but it should get over it soon enough hopefully.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
In my limited experience (I've kept 2 adult females of this species) E. pachypus can be very slow to adjust to a new environment. When I moved my two girls at the same time, one took about a week to get comfortable and start digging. The other one took more like a month...

They'll figure it out, just give it time.

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

I had tech trouble . .

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

ok . Thank you .