Do these appear to be the same species ?!?

Alex99

Arachnosquire
These 2 have been living together for 3-4 months now and I never realized they could possibly be two different species. This is the only photo I have of them together and I probably won't be able to get another anytime soon, considering they've constructed a pretty intricate burrow under the substrate and they never come out. Is there anything that can be determined from this one picture?

Attachments

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The look like the same species to me, more knowledgeable scorpion keepers than I will chime in I'm sure.

AP34

Arachnosquire
They are almost certainly both Pandinus imperator. You might have a male/female pair, but pictures of the pectines would be needed to determine that.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Yes they are the same species and as AP34 says they are Pandinus imperator. If they have constucted an elaborate burrow they might just be settling nicely or pre molt, they don't look to be gravid at this point - time will tell - you'll have to wait and see now. Welcome to the underground wo

Alex99

Arachnosquire
Yes they are the same species and as AP34 says they are Pandinus imperator. If they have constucted an elaborate burrow they might just be settling nicely or pre molt, they don't look to be gravid at this point - time will tell - you'll have to wait and see now. Welcome to the underground wo
I witness them do the "mating ritual" but this picture was taken the day I acquired the male. they were out and about for About a week before they made their burrow.