do I just have to wait and watch him die?

mercury904

Arachnopeon
10 hours has passed

s/he is in this position now.i think s/he reached for the water dish,s/he is still breathing

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
I will be really surprised if that thing last longer than 4 days.:confused:

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First, how do you know it is still breathing? I'm pretty sure there is no way to tell.

Second, that looks like a death curl to me.

I don't know if you should put it in an ICU this soon after it molted, I probably would, but someone else will have to give you advice on that because I don't know if that's recommended or not. It doesn't look good to me though.

Good luck, hope it pulls through.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is a nasty death curl.

Between that and the abscess or what ever that is that is it on it, I would say its going to die soon, I'd ICU it for 24 hours and see if there is any improvement and then I'd be compelled to to put it in the freezer.

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had a similar experience with a GBB sling roughly 1.5-2" and had a bad molt.

It was on the prosoma where apparently either some trauma had occurred or the new exoskeleton didn't form very well. Mine never flipped over and I didn't give it the chance and promptly put it down in the freezer.

It sucks but does happen and depending on "your" view of things either euthanize it or let it go. It's your spider and your views on life and while I don't think they feel the pain and emotion as we do the keeper does feel the emotion and pain of losing a beloved pet. Do what your head and heart tell you.

I can find my thread to compare but within an hour or two I knew it was time and my oldest boy and I said our goodbyes.

mercury904

Arachnopeon
First, how do you know it is still breathing? I'm pretty sure there is no way to tell.

The abdomen is moving as if its pumping,he also change location from time to time

Second, that looks like a death curl to me.

I don't know if you should put it in an ICU this soon after it molted, I probably would, but someone else will have to give you advice on that because I don't know if that's recommended or not. It doesn't look good to me though.

Good luck, hope it pulls through.

as of now it is still thriving or maybe other prefer to use the word suffering.I will keep you posted guys thanks for all the inputs

webbedone

Arachnobaron
The last picture looks like adefinate death curl, i am with Travis and Pig If its not bleeding or ruptured let it alone try some liquid bandage on that if you can cance pray it might make it, live or die atleast you tried and wont feel guilty for freezing it

Lorum

Arachnosquire
Sorry for that, I honestly think he won't make it.

The abdomen is moving as if its pumping
That movement is due to heart beating, not breathing (I know you meant by "breathing" that he is still alive). Again, sorry and I hope the best for your T.

BillyG

Arachnopeon
were you fed him too much or he just about to go?good luck buddy.
"Lord,thanks for this tarantula's life once bring us happiness.Amen:worship:".

HAGAR

Arachnosquire
Hey

i read a thread somewhere on another forum where a t also died in the same way yours did and a few hours later a unidentified larva of some kind came out of the abdomen. Just have a look and see, maybe its the same thing

and i'm sorry to hear about your t not making it.

Hagar

BillyG

Arachnopeon
oh god...heartbreaking. i personally will not waste it,i'll bury his body under a plant,this death is another life's energy,obey the circle of life.

magnumTRF

Arachnopeon
sorry for your loss bro, i feel you..

had that same experience here with a b. vagans, and after i put it on a jar and added alchohol magots bursted out ..

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
not till it smells dead

It is not dead till it smells dead.

I can't remember if I read it in "the tarantula keeper's guide" or on this site. But I'd ICU it for a few more days just to see.

yes i retract what i said earlier about being compelled to freeze it.