Do cockroaches sibling-mate?

Uther

Arachnopeon
I'm down in Texas for about 2-3 weeks and just about to go back north and I've spent time searching everywhere for different kinds of cockroaches that were found here (that aren't found in the north) and I found a single Asian cockroach with an ootheca and I'm curious if she's the only one I find, is it possible that the cockroaches from her ootheca will mate with each other and reproduce, or will they all die off without reproducing if I can't find more? Thanks

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Roaches don't get hung up on incest too bad.
If there is a pair, and they're both sexually mature, they'll do it.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I'm down in Texas for about 2-3 weeks and just about to go back north and I've spent time searching everywhere for different kinds of cockroaches that were found here (that aren't found in the north) and I found a single Asian cockroach with an ootheca and I'm curious if she's the only one I find, is it possible that the cockroaches from her ootheca will mate with each other and reproduce, or will they all die off without reproducing if I can't find more? Thanks
They can usually breed a few years without adding new bloodlines but I’ve had some species were some die and didn’t get full sized .

Uther

Arachnopeon
They can usually breed a few years without adding new bloodlines but I’ve had some species were some die and didn’t get full sized .
Thanks for the reply! At least there's a chance I cna get them to reproduce if I can't find another before I leave. I plan to search again once more if I can before I go, just currently sick and it's like 106° here haha

NocturnalSkies

Arachnosquire
I assume yes. I’ve had a P. Americana venom colony going for like 4 years now, no problems. As far as I know besides a few more delicate species most species of roaches don’t seem to be too affected by this

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
most of the pest -roaches have no issues with incest in perpetuity, but some of the "pet" roaches don't do too well if there is no new blood added every few generations, Blaberus sp. are such a case and even B. dubia benefit from occasional refreshing

Uther

Arachnopeon
I assume yes. I’ve had a P. Americana venom colony going for like 4 years now, no problems. As far as I know besides a few more delicate species most species of roaches don’t seem to be too affected by this
Thanks! Hopefully I can keep this species going!

Uther

Arachnopeon
most of the pest -roaches have no issues with incest in perpetuity, but some of the "pet" roaches don't do too well if there is no new blood added every few generations, Blaberus sp. are such a case and even B. dubia benefit from occasional refreshing
Well these are really similar to German cockroaches so hopefully they'll breed. I don't have any Blaberus sp. and for the Dubia, I have multiple bloodlines already! Thanks