Diplocentrus sp.

Perentie

Arachnosquire
So apart from a few friends who collected some whitei and lindo, I haven't heard much about people keeping these. Are they out there, and I'm just not seeing them? They seem to be quite interesting little scorps, and a pretty good size for a North American species. I personally had no luck finding any in West Texas, but will have to look again next time I go.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've kept them, they are common in their habitat, I used to see a lot of them on the road at night. They are where people aren't so not much collecting imo but easy to keep, live a long time. I have a lindo right now I found about 8 or 9 years ago, still not mature yet.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm a huge fan of Diplocentrus. They are slow growers which people tend to shy away from. The burrows they make are incredible. Probably my favorite genus of scorpion!

Perentie

Arachnosquire
Found a lindo at a local shop. Strongly considering picking it up, seems like a steal at $15

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I wouldn't hesitate. They aren't offered very often and usually at more than $15 each.

Perentie

Arachnosquire
A friend of mine who works with them says he thinks it is whitei, either way I'm likely going to go get it. Also have two lindo being brought down to me free of charge. Happy day!

Perentie

Arachnosquire
So I went to the shop, and realized I didn't bring enough cash to get the scorp, and the gas I needed to get home. Haha. Found out it had a baby, which was 2i. I got it, for $4. Any tips on ID? I'd like to figure out if it is whitei or lindo, to see if I want to go grab the adult as well.

Pipa

Arachnoknight
Grab it anyway ... who cares which species !!!!! But make sure you have enough gas to get there and back? :astonished:

Perentie

Arachnosquire
Grab it anyway ... who cares which species !!!!! But make sure you have enough gas to get there and back? :astonished:
I've got a pair of true lindo coming in from a friend, so I'd rather it be whitei if I'm going to drive that far to get it. The baby is doing well, already chowing down on a hisser.