Diplocentrus cf. tehuacanus

John Bokma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Diplocentrus cf. tehuacanus, gravid female, in situ (Puebla, near Tehuacan).

Diplocentrus cf. tehuacanus, male (in captivity).

Female gave birth in captivity but ate all her young :(

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Welcome back! And nice Diplo! You wouldn't happen to have length measurements by chance? Thanks, :)

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had no idea Diplocentrus ranged that far south.
From a communication I received, they can be be found throughout souther Mexico. I can't verify that personally, but I have no reason to doubt my source, who lurks on here sometimes.

John Bokma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow....beautiful creatures...nice pictures...this is an awesome site :) [yay nerds and nerdettes!] i got to get batteries for my camara so i can post some pics of my stuff

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer

John Bokma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You're welcome. And I love Diplocentrus sp. as well. I have 3 different species, I keep 2 D. melici, 2 D. cf. tehuacanus, and 10 D. bereai (6+2 born in captivity, see other thread).

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You're welcome. And I love Diplocentrus sp. as well. I have 3 different species, I keep 2 D. melici, 2 D. cf. tehuacanus, and 10 D. bereai (6+2 born in captivity, see other thread).
That's great! I've collected and kept D. lindo and D. whitei. D. whitei is my favorite specie so far. But I have a lot to learn about them all, let alone Diplocentrus!!! Wonderful genus. :)