Dig it

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This is the B. albiceps juvenile female I got about a week ago. None of my other Ts have dug such a tunnel. Some will dig out a corner until they hit bottom and stop.

She started by digging to the bottom of one corner and webbing it to hold the dirt. This is a 2.5 g tank.

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sweet. Your lucky that it dug along the wall, that way it's not just a pet hole

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ha ya thats really cool I have not had one make a burrow like that ever ither. Shes still in plain sight so take that for what its worth.

Oh if you cover the corner she is in with black paper she might make it her home. That way you can check on her all you want be cause shes right by the glass.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my little B. smithi has done something similar. However, it is in a much smaller enclosure. She has dug down along the side and around the bottom tho...

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That is amazing! I love creative Ts! My Acanthoscurria geniculata is working on something similar in a 5 gallon tank.

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There is another tank flush up against that side. I noticed the long tunnel when I pulled the other tank for minor maintenance.

She usually lurks at the front of the tunnel right below the entrance.

Oh if you cover the corner she is in with black paper she might make it her home. That way you can check on her all you want be cause shes right by the glass.

Flagg

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a 1" G. Aureostriata in a small cube that dug a similar burrow, but then buried the entrance in on himself. He's been down there for like a couple weeks now. I'm starting to worry...

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
a 1"er, eh? should be fine for a month, methinks. Adults can spend a year holed up.