Dessert scorpion bad molt

Scorpion Enthus

Arachnopeon
What are the possibilities that a dessert scorpion will have a bad molt so that I can get rid of it, does temperature matter? And what more?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
What are the possibilities that a dessert scorpion will have a bad molt so that I can get rid of it, does temperature matter? And what more?
Obviously that temperatures play a role: Dessert belongs to the fridge realm, By Jove! :pompous:

ih ih :troll:

---

With that said, you can't exactly 'predict' such a thing. Facts is that you can't know the outcome of an arachnid molt. Sure, providing the correct set up and parameters is mandatory. Those are anyway quite hardy scorpions.

Conor10

Arachnoknight
Why do you want it to have a bad molt? And why get rid of it once it has a bad molt?

Conor10

Arachnoknight
Me too, this guy is a ***hole for for wanting to hurt a perfectly good scorpion so they have a reason to get rid of it? And then giving the poor thing terrible living conditions to have a bad molt? This is crazy😡

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
@Conor10 My only hope is that (since seems that English isn't the first language of OP, according to the profile info) he/she simply worded badly and messed up what wanted to know.

Conor10

Arachnoknight
@Conor10 My only hope is that, since seems that English isn't the first language of thread starter, according to the profile info, he/she simply worded badly what wanted to know.
I guess your right, sorry if Chris is right. I just get really pissed when someone wants to do something like that to a animal.

Scorpion Enthus

Arachnopeon
Oh no, misunderstanding im sorry, what I mean is what to do to prevent bad molts, my words messed up sorry

Conor10

Arachnoknight
Oh sorry, you should in that case just keep the enclosure dry as they are a desert species and it should molt just fine.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
make sure it has access to clean water so it can drink and hydrate. This'll apply for both desert and forest scorpions.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Desert scorpions will molt pretty well at 85F-95F temps. But understand some species are easier and some species are more difficult (e.g. higher mortalities). Early instars can benefit from a light misting every two weeks but you want great ventilation and a quick evaporation. In fact, humidity spikes can actually trigger and/or facilitate a successful molt.