Desert H. Adult, PreMolt or Fat??

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Purchased this guy about a week ago. Was told it was a "Giant Desert H" but wanted to know if anyone here can confirm the sex. Adult hood. And current state of it now? Pre molt? And if it is indeed a giant desert hairy. Anything helps guys thanks it's pretty plump at the moment

Attachments

Mrwolfe

Arachnopeon
it looks like a Juvie. also looks to be In premolt. sex I cannot tell. also I do not know what Instar or anytbing it is. maybe 2 more molts till adult

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
Definitely a juvenile, and definitely looks pre molt. youll have to take a picture of the underside of your scorpion ( the pectines) then count the number of teeth. I think it's something like 20-30 teeth is a female, and 31+ is a male but that's not always accurate

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Ok thanks guys! Any advice on caring for it in pre molt?? Newbie scorpion owner. I have an AFS but it's never molted. This D
. Hairy will be my first molt.

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
really just don't mess with him. They usually have a more difficult time molting then tropical species in captivity. I wouldn't feed him and just make sure there's water in the bowl to bring up humidity slightly. best of luck!

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
He has a small water dish. Would explain why hese really sluggish . And denied food the other day. I'll just leave him be and pray all goes well