Decorative Enclosures

ratmilk

Arachnopeon
Hi folks!
I'm wondering if any of you know of any suppliers of vivariums etc that look like these beautiful victorian/victorian style examples?

1591220401377.png 1591220434604.png 1591220457766.png

Aren't they stunning?
I can't find anything like this available to purchase anywhere, and as a prop maker would be so interested in trying to replicate this kind of elegant, decorative, maximalist look.
I'd love to hear if any of you would be interested enough to invest in something beautiful and handmade statement pieces like this, created specifically to be suitable housing for Ts and other exotic pets?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
You can find stuff like that all over the place at antique and thrift shops in Portland Oregon. I’ve also found stuff similar at hobby lobby and similar stores while looking acrylic T enclosures. Problem with them I they are generally all glass and lack proper ventilation.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nobody sells those in mass production for exotics other than birds.

ratmilk

Arachnopeon
Nobody sells those in mass production for exotics other than birds.
What do you think the reason for this is?
I would have thought a substantial percentage of T owners would be into gothic decor, victoriana, having a really nice display enclosure etc.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I have found these time to time and have used them for Plants , but the quality stuff are all made out of glass where you can’t remove the panes so they aren’t rally suitable for inverts because of ventilation. The cheaper stuff, the laterns you find everywhere that are glass the glass panes can we swapped out with acrylic that’s what I’m doing.

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can't find anything like this available to purchase anywhere, and as a prop maker would be so interested in trying to replicate this kind of elegant, decorative, maximalist look.
I'd love to hear if any of you would be interested enough to invest in something beautiful and handmade statement pieces like this, created specifically to be suitable housing for Ts and other exotic pets?
I have seen some but have decided against using them because of poor ventilation and/or large holes etc. I have yet to find one that would work but I agree with you, it would be awesome to have those, if only they would work.

ratmilk

Arachnopeon
I have found these time to time and have used them for Plants , but the quality stuff are all made out of glass where you can’t remove the panes so they aren’t rally suitable for inverts because of ventilation. The cheaper stuff, the laterns you find everywhere that are glass the glass panes can we swapped out with acrylic that’s what I’m doing.
I would love to see ones you've done so far!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I would love to see ones you've done so far!
Only done a couple so far, have more to do, but what I did was remove the glass panes and trace them onto a sheet of plexiglass and them cut them out, put holes in them and reinstall them. But I will try and remember to take some photos today

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What do you think the reason for this is?
I would have thought a substantial percentage of T owners would be into gothic decor, victoriana, having a really nice display enclosure etc.
Gothic because people own Ts? Not necessarily.

Over time I’ve seen for Ts most owners prefer cheap setups, or simple ones.

Other exotic hobbies people are willing to spend more money.

Also no one outside the hobby understands the needs of T owners. To this day I have yet to see the perfect container even from T vendors