decisions...decisions!!!!!

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Man oh man!! I still dont know what T's I want!!!
Can you guys help me pic out 3 T's from swiftinverts price list? $25 and lower! 3 T's! No higher than $60. Thanks!

James

P.S- I guess it is really hard to make final decisions!

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
how about a Venezuelan Suntiger (Psalmopoeus irminia) for $25? I really really like that one...

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How about a metallic pinktoe ( A. metallica , $22 ) a giant whiteknee ( A. geniculata , $18 ) and a fiery redrump ( L. difficilis , $15 ) That brings you to three T's , and only $55 . Plus, they're all cool species.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ok, I came up with 3 different scenerios for you. Each scenerio has a burrower (as I know that you want one) and each has an Acathoscurria genicullata (as I don't think that you will be disappointed at all in this).

LIST NUMBER 1 For a grand total of $58

$25 - Chromatapelma Cyanopubecens (Greenbottle Blue) A TRUELY BEAUTIFUL WEBBER!

$15 - Haplopelma aureopilosum (Burmese Black) IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A REAL CHALLANGE AND BEAUTY!

$18 - Acanthoscurria geniculata (Giant White Knee) I SWEAR YOU WON'T REGRET THIS SPIDER!

LIST NUMBER 2 $58 BUT ONLY 2 TARANTULA (BUT HEY, YOU WILL GET A FREEBIE WHICH WILL BRING YOU UP TO 3!)

$40 - Chilobrachys fimbriatus (Indian Violet) THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BURROWER IF NOT THE MOST BEAUTIFUL TARANTULA PERIOD!

$18 - Acanthoscurria geniculata (Giant White Knee) I SWEAR YOU WON'T REGRET THIS SPIDER!

LIST NUMBER 3 $61

$15 - Cyclosternum fasciatum (Costa Rican Tiger Rump) A REALLY PRETTY WEBBER!

$28 - Citharischius crawshayi (King Baboon) THE KING OF BURROWERS!

Good Luck
BD

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey BD!

I am still unsure! But swift said he will have his price list updated on wed! So I will see what he else he has~! Thanks for being concerned!

James

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
how about a Venezuelan Suntiger (Psalmopoeus irminia) for $25? I really really like that one...
I would really go for one of those...just BE CAREFUL THEY"RE NINJAS! lol..just check out my thread "Pogo Fun" for a picture of mine. I just got her a few days ago..she's beautiful! Very gentle but FAST...and FAST...and quite the climber as you can see.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ephesians
I would really go for one of those...just BE CAREFUL THEY"RE NINJAS! lol..just check out my thread "Pogo Fun" for a picture of mine. I just got her a few days ago..she's beautiful! Very gentle but FAST...and FAST...and quite the climber as you can see.
That is too much FUN for my blood...:eek:

BD

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ephesians
How do you house yours? take care? Thanks,

James

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: hey BD!

Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
I am still unsure! But swift said he will have his price list updated on wed! So I will see what he else he has~! Thanks for being concerned!

James
Thanks for the info. I just got updating my list of species that I want to acquire or already have. I will definately be adding asteriks really soon!

Tarantulas That I Want
*Acanthoscurria geniculata*
Avicularia minitrix
Avicularia versicolor
*Brachypelma angustum*
Brachypelma boehmei
Brachypelma smithi
*Brachypelma vagans*
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
*Cyclosternum fasciatum*
Grammostola pulchra
*Haplopelma aureopilosum*
Nhandu coloratovillosus
*Pterinochilus murinus Orange Form (Usambara)*
Xenesthis immanis

*=already have

Good Luck
BD

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Re: Re: hey BD!

Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
Thanks for the info. I just got updating my list of species that I want to acquire or already have. I will definately be adding asteriks really soon!

Tarantulas That I Want
*Acanthoscurria geniculata*
Avicularia minitrix
Avicularia versicolor
*Brachypelma angustum*
Brachypelma boehmei
Brachypelma smithi
*Brachypelma vagans*
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
*Cyclosternum fasciatum*
Grammostola pulchra
*Haplopelma aureopilosum*
Nhandu coloratovillosus
*Pterinochilus murinus Orange Form (Usambara)*
Xenesthis immanis

*=already have

Good Luck
BD
I thought you were getting another chevron p.cam because of what happened to your cam earlier! You must have some good money!(i dont) to actually afford all those!
Thanks,

James

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No. The P. cambridgi died as a result of my lack of better judgement of recapturing it after it make a mad dash up my bath tub. When I found it dead, I also found my Puerto Rican Pygmy baby dead too. That is the one that I will eventually get replaced. I think that I will stick to Avicularia species for my arborial collection. I don't mind fast arborial and I don't mind bitey spiders, but I don't want them in the same package anymore -- at least right now.

As far as price and money goes, I haven't bought them all at the same time and none of the ones I have bought have been too costly. You are planning on spending 60 buck on your next order right? I have never spent that much all at once. Its just that when I am all caught up on bills and stuff and I have some extra money, I like to add 1 or 2 asteriks to my list. Slow and Steady!

I think the most I ever spent on a bug was 25 or 30 bucks. The most expensive one on my list, I think, is the Xenesthis immanis. I don't know how much they cost, but I think they are alot. I have no idea how much the Nhandu coloratovillosus or the Avicularia minitrix will cost. Everything else should be around 30 bucks or less.

BD

Last edited:

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
How do you house yours? take care? Thanks,

James

Just look at the pics, he houses his on his forehead!

Seriously though, this is what I have mine in, witha picture below. A small container, which I poked holes in, that had a piece of cork bark hot-glued near the top, and about an inch of substrate. P. irminia do things like the picture shows to dirt, they like to make dirt hotels in the air with them. Mine pretty much always hangs out in this same spot, and is thriving in the enclosure I've made for it. Eating really well, and just molted last night.

To the right of the container is the piece of cork bark, and to the left is all the dirt that the P. irminia has put up in the air. The bottom of the tank is almost empty, as you can see. One more molt, and this T gets moved to a bigger tank of the same proportions.

Bill

Edit - Left, right, what's the difference ;)

Attachments

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
Just look at the pics, he houses his on his forehead!

Seriously though, this is what I have mine in, witha picture below. A small container, which I poked holes in, that had a piece of cork bark hot-glued near the top, and about an inch of substrate. P. irminia do things like the picture shows to dirt, they like to make dirt hotels in the air with them. Mine pretty much always hangs out in this same spot, and is thriving in the enclosure I've made for it. Eating really well, and just molted last night.

To the right of the container is the piece of cork bark, and to the left is all the dirt that the P. irminia has put up in the air. The bottom of the tank is almost empty, as you can see. One more molt, and this T gets moved to a bigger tank of the same proportions.

Bill

Edit - Left, right, what's the difference ;)
Is yours in a burrow? or is that cork bark on the sides? Thanks for the info Bill!

James

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's cork bark with a build up of dirt...probably the coolest thing I've ever seen. Great pic Bill. I'm gonna head out today and find a good peace of small bark to use in mine. I may just put him in a new container because this is what I have...

Attachments

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its what the breeder/dealer had him in. It's good, just I'm not sure how easily I can fix the bark in; I may try and frind something rectangular.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
James - originally, It was your nice, typical, clean arboreal juvenile environment. A piece of approx 1x2x2 cork bark hot glued near the top of the rectangular home, with an inch of peat on the bottom. Within a few days, The P. irminia had remodelled it as my picture shows. The vial I aqcuired it in was much like Ephesians, only it also had similar dirt hotels like the new environment has. With nothing to anchor it, I don't know how exactly it was done.

Ephesians - as for difficulty in affixing the cork bark, if you don't have one yet, get yourself a hot glue gun. Every T home I have put any real effort into has utilized one to the fullest. And for what they cost, you can't beat it. If you mean size and shape causing a problem, you could always cut diagonals on the corners.. hard to explain, but kind of cut it so that looking from the opening in the vial, and assuming red is cut, blue is glue, you get something resembling a non-bitmap version of the below. Cork bark is soft enough to work with just about anything. I have used a butter knife before when I didn't feel like getting my tools out of my car.

Bill

Attachments

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Excellent illustration Bill, Van Gough would be proud! :D

I didn't even think about cutting it like that. I couldn't find any cork bark around here so I took some rubber tree ( I think it was rubber tree ) bark and sterilized it. (Nuked it in the microwave for quite a while...lol.) I layed it against the side at an angle and it curves toward the edge to form a nice spot for a hammock. I wish I would have seen your post before I did that or I would have used your idea. If she hasn't done anything with it by tomorrow then I will remove it and do as so. And yeah, I was contemplating the purchase of a hot glue gun and you have just talked me into it.

Marcus