Decent pics of my secretive new tarantula

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was in my girlfriend's local invert store yesterday, and after looking through tub after tub of spiderlings, I decided I really couldn't resist a juvenile Chiobrachys fimbriatus :)
It had just moulted that afternoon and the old skin was still soft.

I took it home, did a bit of research, and most threads on here seem to say the same - lovely spider, damn difficult to get it out in the open for a photoshoot.

So, I was pretty chuffed when I managed to get a few decent shots in the early evening

I'm really pleased with my choice :)

Spike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
tubs and tubs of slings

Man nice spider do you know the common name? Where do you live, man I wish there was a place where I could look through tubs of slings

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Common name seems to be "Indian Tarantula" or "Indian Blue-Leg tarantula", depending on where you look. The legs are indeed a deep steely/violet shade. :)

I live in Wales in the UK, this shop I visited was in Leicester in the Midlands. :)

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That is a beautiful spider. Btw, I have also seen them listed as "Indian Violet".

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've also seen them listed as "indian tarantulas" ---

beautiful mate!
peace
i want more cwrw, by the way!

ydw... ydych..

fun
peace,
dave

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

those are wicked spiders, good score, i bet an adult of one of those is QUITE impressive, those of cousre are on my wish list(what is'nt)--Jeff

TheSpiderHouse

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice looking Violet ya got there Lopez. Mine just molted also, now its about 1.5 inches. Can't wait until it gets those adult colors. The sling colors are the same, just not as vibrant. And yes, they are difficult to get out in the open. They seem to have a knack for sencing when I enter the room and by the time I get to its cage the dust is settling. :D

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by RugbyDave
i want more cwrw, by the way!

ydw... ydych..

fun
peace,
dave
Heheh no cwrw for me as it's 9:30 am here.

Iechyd Da!

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Before mine met it's untimely end, I found it to be out almost everytime I came home from work, or doing something out of the house. It was very nocturnal, and man could it do some damage to crickets.. Although, I must say I definately appreciate the pics, as I had a hell of a time getting some of mine :)

Bill