Deadliest Spiders?

Darwinsdad

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This web site has tarantula's listed as #'s 7-10 of the world's deadliest spiders. How can people buy into so much urban myth and post this kind of tripe for the world to view and take as truth?

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This web site has tarantula's listed as #'s 7-10 of the world's deadliest spiders. How can people buy into so much urban myth and post this kind of tripe for the world to view and take as truth?
unfortunately there is but one one answer to this question...becasue stupidity isnt illegal. since it is not illegal...people are free to spread half-truth, uninformed information to the masses with not reprocussions.

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yep, T's are really deadly, that's why no one on these boards who have posted in the "bite report" section have died........

People like this are why I support removing the unintelligent from the gene pool through some kind of sterilization program.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you guys need to get your facts straight

every T can kill you and will do everything it possibly can to kill you. That include waiting for you to go to bed or chasing you around. Its only a matter of time before they all rise up and kill all the T keepers :)

vtecgsr

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I thought i saw on the discovery channel one day that there was an austrailian tarantula that can kill you.... probly wasnt a t then huh...

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I thought i saw on the discovery channel one day that there was an austrailian tarantula that can kill you.... probly wasnt a t then huh...

That was a Sydney Funnel-Web spider, which is a Mygalamorph, but it's NOT a tarantula.

pitbulllady

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The only dangereous situation would be a bite of a species from the genus like ... Stromatopelma, heteroscodra, Pterinochilus, Poecilotheria ... on the neck, or head. What would be deadly would'nt be the venom but the swelling that would make it very difficult to breath.

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The only dangereous situation would be a bite of a species from the genus like ... Stromatopelma, heteroscodra, Pterinochilus, Poecilotheria ... on the neck, or head. What would be deadly would'nt be the venom but the swelling that would make it very difficult to breath.
Even then you stand a good chance of living. Although it would probably be the worse time of your life! :8o

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think that several people must have died because of Poecilotheria or Stromatopelma bites (in their native countries) but those weren't documented. A bite from a Stromatopelma or Poecilotheria is fairly dangerous to a child, for example.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Bothrops

P.S: Sorry for my bad english

Derek W.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yep, T's are really deadly, that's why no one on these boards who have posted in the "bite report" section have died........
They aren't in the reports because they are already dead! haha

However, in all seriousness, I think the website must have just been referring to some other mygalomorphs.

TheNatural

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Atrax robustus known as the Sydney funnel web spider.

I am totaly against information that teaches people to fear spiders in general but we must remember that some of them are dangerous and must be respected. I guess "hollywood" has given an important contribution to all this fear.

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Many people assume that phoneutria nigriventer, the Brazilian wandering spider or bannana spider, is a tarantula also.

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Although unlikely that people would die from a T bite, someone who was allergic to the venom of something like a Poec, I would think would not have a good chance.

Maybe even those with bad asthma or breathing problems which may react with to a bite with muscle tightening around the chest would have problems.

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Although unlikely that people would die from a T bite, someone who was allergic to the venom of something like a Poec, I would think would not have a good chance.

Maybe even those with bad asthma or breathing problems which may react with to a bite with muscle tightening around the chest would have problems.
Theraphosid venom is not allergenic so thats not so likely.

Other medical complications doesnt prove that a certain venom is dangerous, since it would only be dangerous in that circumstance.
Its like saying potatoes are dangerous to eat because some get it stuck in the windpipe and die from asphyxiation

Mancunian Lee

Arachnopeon
Can a T bite induce anaphylactic shock in the same way a bee or wasp sting can? That can certainly be deadly but its down to the human rather than the bee/wasp.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Can a T bite induce anaphylactic shock in the same way a bee or wasp sting can? That can certainly be deadly but its down to the human rather than the bee/wasp.

Based on that argument, wouldn't the peanut be the most dangerous of all !

Beware of the deadly peanut !!!!

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No it cant, its a different venom composition then bees or snake venom
Search for anaphylaxis or allergic response here and Im sure you find a bunch of threads about it.

Mancunian Lee

Arachnopeon
No it cant, its a different venom composition then bees or snake venom
Search for anaphylaxis or allergic response here and Im sure you find a bunch of threads about it.
Cheers ill give it a search :)

Nitibus, i never put an argument forward,i merely asked a question my friend :)