daytona show!!whos going??

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That suggestion sounds as good as any other. I second the motion.

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Which ever works for me. The only problem with meeting at a certain time would be if someone got caught in traffic or just woke up late or =P found a dealer with T's....ooooo shiny objects!! =P Then they miss meeting anyone!! Lol. How many total are supposed to show up? I think Craig and I are going to try to get there around 10-10:30?

Last edited:

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
show

I should be there. I will have a table at the Anaheim show in Cali, but it's just to far to bring all my inverts to FL. Hopefully I can hang but it is one of the rare times I get to hang with the reptile nuts and see if I can find more gilas for my breeding project.
James
www.blaberus.com

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Maybe just a sticker that says..."I AM AN ARACHNOBOARDS JUNKIE" ??

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hots

Just because they are not at the show doesn't mean they are not available. People that breed them attend the show. It's to bad they stopped doing hots becasue certain people could not properly keep there animals and ruined it for everyone else.
James

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree. I think the main problem with the hots at the show was 2 years ago when the hot show was in a separate hall, all the people working at the main show were giving out the wrong info.
We were told that paying to get into the main show would let us into the hot show too. When we got to the hot show we were told we had to pay extra and I think that pissed off alot of people.

Instead of fixing the issues the show coordinator (who is quite the ass, based on personal experience) just dropped the hots.

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yep

Yeah, not to many good hot shows these days. Hamburg, PA and a few others but then again I do most of this kind of business in Europe so I guess it doesn't matter to much. Not sure why the Euro's have not had the luck breeding gilas like here in the US. Last year was way to many ball pythons :evil: and people arguing about prices so hopefully that market will die down.
James

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well...I still dunno how im going to tell you guys from the other hundreds of people that are going to show up. LOL :eek:

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was thinkin the same thing Lucara.. IE " ill be the guy with the short brown hair" lol

Ill be there about 11:00am saturday.. headin straight for my spider guy....heh

Therophosid Breeding bringing me 2 B.Cyaneofemur 2 C.Marshalli.. cant wait

Ill have a Central FL zoo venomous snake shirt on.. thats a long shot thou for ID {D

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know, instead of trying to gather around a single vendor's table at a specific time we should all meet in the lunch-room at a specific time.

The one on the second level across from the hot dog vendors, it's in its own little room with several tables. I know my kids will be screaming that they're hungry by 11:30 or so. That'll allow me to kill two stones with one bird.

BTW, I'll be wearing a white collared t-shirt with my FloridaPets.org logo on it.

What does everyone think of that?

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well, I think we are going to try to make it there around 9-10 but since we only have the one day to check everything out I dont think we will hang out much. (not to mention I really have NO idea what to say to people I dont know....or do know...:eek: )

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
We should be there about 11:00, and I know the room your talking about tkn0spdr. Ill take a stop in there around 11:30, if I dont run into you there ill be at Theraphosid for a little while after that.

Have a great time at the show everyone, always one of the highlights of the year for me.

on a side note.. im quite curious to see whats going to be happening with all the giant snakes since the new licensing laws went into effect for them. I dont have any anymore, but still curious.

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hrmm..so Theraphosid is a big archnid dealer? Where will that table be set up? We can try to make a b-line there to check out the T's. I'm not all that interested in the reptiles since I cant buy any. :D

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Lucara, yes Therophosid is a T breeder.

As for location (let me try to explain this as best as i can), they will be up front in the rooms where you come in and register. Not in the large main rooms. I can't really be more specific, to many stairs to go up and down and I loose track of which floor is which.

And I found out that the new giant snake laws will NOT go into effect until next year. For some reason I thought it happened already.

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I distinctly remember someone with a couple tables and a nice selection of spiders last year. They were out in front hallway right at the entrance doors going into the main room... I just can't remember which set of doors. I'm pretty sure they were on the 2nd level though. For the life of me I cannot remember their name. They had such a nice selection I hoped to buy again from them this year.
If that's the table I'm thinking of, that was Theraphosid Breeding Project.

I'm going to try as hard as I can to come, but I might be helping a friend out with something on Saturday. I really need some supplies for a new enclosure though. I'm not looking for any new Ts... of course, I wasn't looking for any last year either, and I came home with two. :rolleyes: If I'm there, I'll be wearing a red shirt with a tarantula on it, and I'll look like this...

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I PM'd my cel phone number to everyone who posted on this thread. I will look for you all at the show!;)

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i'll likely be working the kingsnake.com table first thing in the morning on saturday before heading off to look for spiders. we are supposed to be handing out free 6-pack coolers tomorrow for the first hour or so of the show, but the delivery got screwed up and we don't know if they'll be here in time or not. sigh.

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Not sure if it will help but im like 5'9" and really skinny. I'll be wearing blue jean shorts and a purple tank top. Ive got blondish hair and im super white!...so...YUP! Thats meeee!!! Not sure when we will be anywhere but I will DEFINITELY be hitting up the Theraphosid Breeding Project table...after we find it...:eek:

Last edited: