Day or Night Feeding

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was just wondering whether or not it makes a difference to a T if you feed them at night or in the day. I tend to feed my Rosea in the day as I just love watching her gobble her crics up. I know that T's are nocturnal, so is it a better idea to feed at night or does it not matter??

Thanks

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't think it makes a difference, but I feed at night purely because most of my Ts are out and about if they are hungry.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i wouldn't thionk it matters. i feed em at either time, depending on when i'm up there.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
dont think it matters eather, i always feed mine at night since im a night person:) ...just like my t's, lol. Also the crickets always chirp at night when i have em so i like to take care of that..haha

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Neither I, It doesn't matter, if the T is out and eats.. but I prefer to feed my T's at night, some are burrowers so, only at night they go out.. and sometimes I can see them catching the prey item ;P

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i agree with the other comments. HOWEVER, i have noticed that my slings will only eat at night.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I feed them during night and day hours. It really all depends on what I am doing, If I'm busy during the day on feeding days I feed them at night and vice versa.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I feed during the day cause i work nights
I guess that means I feed myself at night:)

Tacoman

Arachnopeon
I just gone done feeding mine and the all eat during the day and night espically cause there pigs lol....

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
feeding time

I also feed my Ts whenever I think they might be hungry, if I see them seeming to wait for food. Can be either day or nite, if a T is hungry the T will grab the prey and eat, regardless of day or nite, at least mine seem to be eaters whenever.

Nightshade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I usually feed mine between 8 pm and midnight. But I've had to feed during the day a couple of times, and they all ate as usual.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Night is my one and only time I will feed them unless it's an emergency feeding. T's are much more active at night and thus, will feed. Plus it's just easier for me to go to bed and wake up knowing that the food has been taken vs. just dropping in a cricket and go to work wondering if they ate or not.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
I think it matters a great deal to some T's, especially diggers. When it's bright "outside" my lividums will either stay where they are when I switch the light on or not come out at all. If it's normal half dark daylight (they're in the hallway that's not illuminated but just gets the spill from the livingroom) they might come to the entrance of the burrow. In the morning though when it has been the darkest for quite a while I will find some of the lividums on the substrate quite often.

So I think there it's of importance to feed especially after a long dark period, when the T's are "out and about".

My emilia is extremely shy while it's light so I tend to feed it during dark periods.

Other T's like genic, parahybana, blondi, GBB don't care one bit. If it moves, it's toast ;).