Dancing White Lady "Carparachne sp"

Arachnotized

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes very beautiful indeed. They are one of my favorite spiders..great pics!:cool:

Arachnoporium

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
"Dancing White Lady"

I'm just going to go with the "Dancing White Lady" ID until I have the chance to send a specimen off to Frankfurt, Germany. I can safely call it this because it obviously has poor vision and "dances" using all 8 legs to detect the presence of its prey.

It is identical (to my non-taxonomist eye) to Leucorchestris arenicola and Carparachne aureoflava of Namibia - although these we without a doubt collected in the Sinai desert on the Sinai Peninsula near the Gulf of Aqaba and Israel. This would name them as Cebrennus concolor, Cerbalus pellitus or Cerbalus psammodes. After Dan left I discovered many healthy spiderlings.

I'm shipping one to a taxonomist who is an expert of all Sparassidae as I plan to CB this species as well as retail them so others can have this beauty - I want to know the scientific ID. Here are some quick photos I took (better ones to come) and a very interesting Solifugid species. I have several, but one is very fuzzy with floursecent like orange and green.

The other two are another Solifugid species and a Sinai Desert Orb Weaver (there are several species). I'll be adding these to the FS threads when I have the time.
http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t306/arachnoporium/

Arachnoporium

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
"Dancing White Lady" Sinai Desert Sparassidae species Photos

Sorry for the poor quality, I was taking these by myself. This spider is very laid back unlike other Huntsman species but also extremely active in its enclosure also unlike other Huntsman species I have experienced. These are 4 different spiders, two that burrowed in the sand near the side of the enclosure and two that I took out which were out of their burrows.

'White Lady' burrowed in sand -

The black coloration on the carapace differs with each individual.

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow,if you don't mind me asking, how much did she cost ya? How big do they grow? That is a very beautiful spider, I just may get one..:D

Danielson659

Arachnopeon
Wow,if you don't mind me asking, how much did she cost ya? How big do they grow? That is a very beautiful spider, I just may get one..:D
Jason from arachnoporium is selling them. Im pretty sure they are $25.
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=97692&highlight=arachnoporium

Mine is just a little under 3 inches i believe, i got to see all the other ones that he had and there were ones that were larger. But im sorry im not exactly sure how big they will get.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z209/Danielson659/DSC00694.jpg

dannybear

Arachnopeon
does anyone have a caresheet for this species... in particular with setup and substrate in mind. thanks