Damping sling enclosures

GabGab

Arachnoknight
My E.Campestratus sling has been in pre molt for about 2-3 weeks now and I know your NOT suppose to touch it or anything like that when sealed off. Can I still damp the substrate?

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Add a pinch of wetted sphagnum moss.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My E.Campestratus sling has been in pre molt for about 2-3 weeks now and I know your NOT suppose to touch it or anything like that when sealed off. Can I still damp the substrate?
Just dump a tablespoon or 2 in the enclosure on the oposit side of where the sling is located. Its when they moult you shiuldnt desturb them. Uf they are in premoult its ok to do so

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Yeah, I just use a pipette to dampen half of the substrate (just try not to flood the burrow). I had to do this for 5 months for my A. bicoloratum sling when it sealed itself away.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Pipett is a smart thing, but i have always just poured in some. I just eyeballed it. Hard to do if substrate have become too dry though, because sometimes water just stays on surface with bad dranage. But often it just sunks in

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
but i have always just poured in some
I do that (or syringe water down the sides) with larger enclosures but I'm a gigantic clumsy ogre so pipettes are great for moistening sub in sling enclosures as it means there's no chance of me overdoing it by accident.

GabGab

Arachnoknight
Just dump a tablespoon or 2 in the enclosure on the oposit side of where the sling is located. Its when they moult you shiuldnt desturb them. Uf they are in premoult its ok to do so
I have no idea where its located to be honest, I moved it to a new enclosure and it closed the burrow it made a week and a half after. I just did the sides of it :)

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
But that doesnt really matter as long as the sling is not in the process of moulting. Little water near or on the sling in ptemoult is not gonna kill it. Better that than a thirsty sling that needs water, but cant have it. Just dump it in there, where you think the sling is not located

GabGab

Arachnoknight
But that doesnt really matter as long as the sling is not in the process of moulting. Little water near or on the sling in ptemoult is not gonna kill it. Better that than a thirsty sling that needs water, but cant have it. Just dump it in there, where you think the sling is not located
She's in her burrow and I cant see where she is at. I ended up doing the sides :)