Damon variegata newborns!..

AlexG

Arachnopeon
Hi,
my Name is Alex, I'm pretty much new here, I,ve been reading but not really posting...but I'm on reptile forum for years now.. I have reptiles for more than 10 years.. and in the last year or so I've been collection a lot of different inverts..
Ive always had snakes an lizards...I'm now keeping Scolopendras for now 3 years but in the last year I've got Uropygids, Amblypygids, scorpions and more adding to the Snakes, lizards, frogs I'm already keeping...

anyway waayyy enough on me lets see the Cool stuff! ;)

I just got back Sunday morning from a herping trip in Florida..and what is on my female Damon variegatusback...nice little babies, finaly out, after at least 4 months of incubation for the eggs.. all holding on, on momy..
I decide to put a few pics of them..
my pair...male on the left female right!

Here is Mom with the eggs

My friend took a couple good shots of the babies so here is one with a zoom in on the babies after!..

they are soooo cool!!!

can't wait to see them grow now!

Ciao;)

Last edited:

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
they're so cuuuuuute! right up there with eggs with legs and widdle scorplings

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Cool, congratulations! :3:

I think I saw the tail end of mine mating about a week ago. It looked like how scorpions do it. Does that sound right?

So, it takes about 4 months?

KUJordan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WOW! That's one of the coolest amblypigid photos I've ever seen! Congratulations on the little ones. Definitely something to document. Very cool...

Borya

Arachnopeon
AlexG, are you sure that it is Damon variegatus, not D.diadema?

AlexG

Arachnopeon
AlexG, are you sure that it is Damon variegatus, not D.diadema?
If i'm not wrong, D variegatus are smaller than Diadema right? My buddy has a pair of D diadema, and they are bigger than mines, I never did researches to make sure, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they are Variegatus!

btw I have 38 babies..pics to come! ;)

Thx
Ciao

Alex

AlexG

Arachnopeon
Last Wednesday they finaly came off my female!

I wish I've had a better camera!..

but a friend of mine came over last night with his new camera
so I was able to take nice pic of the babies... ;)

here I've put a match to show the size :eek:

oh and btw Ive had 38 babies!

Ciao ;)

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very Nice Alex, I think I'll go buy a whip scorpion spp now, this threae has made me want them so much

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Great job! If you are getting rid of any you should have no trouble finding them homes. ;)

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
very nice! i'd really love to keep some of those one day. what part of florida did you go to? find anything cool?

AlexG

Arachnopeon
Thx! :)

for my trip to Florida, We went to Apalachicola National Park, we found plenty of stuff like cotton mouths, pigmy rattlesnakes, box turtles, black widows, bark scorpions and much more it was a really fun trip can't wait to go again!!!

I wish I could do feild herping like that EVERY SINGLE DAYS of my life :D:D

the only thing I HATE are the TICKS!!! ARGNN :evil: :evil:

Ciao;)
Alex

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

I really need to set up a tank for those someday.

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,
my Name is Alex, I'm pretty much new here, I,ve been reading but not really posting...but I'm on reptile forum for years now.. I have reptiles for more than 10 years.. and in the last year or so I've been collection a lot of different inverts..
Ive always had snakes an lizards...I'm now keeping Scolopendras for now 3 years but in the last year I've got Uropygids, Amblypygids, scorpions and more adding to the Snakes, lizards, frogs I'm already keeping...

anyway waayyy enough on me lets see the Cool stuff! ;)

I just got back Sunday morning from a herping trip in Florida..and what is on my female Damon variegatusback...nice little babies, finaly out, after at least 4 months of incubation for the eggs.. all holding on, on momy..
I decide to put a few pics of them..
my pair...male on the left female right!

Here is Mom with the eggs

My friend took a couple good shots of the babies so here is one with a zoom in on the babies after!..

they are soooo cool!!!

can't wait to see them grow now!

Ciao;)
Salut Alex!

very nice pics:eek:I can't wait to get mine.
I sent you email yesterday asking you what type of Amblypige, I have my awnser now.

Take care!

Alain