Cyriopagopus thorelli, Malaysia

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
is Cyriopagopus thorelli, Malaysia different from Cyriopagopus sp. 2, Malaysia??

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
C.thorelli is non existant in the hobby and was often sold as
Cyriopagopus schioedtei.wether this species exists in the wild or not i couldnt tell ya.Cyriopagopus sp 1,2,3,4,5 ect...is all the same species:Cyriopagopus sp.singapore/malaysia(singapore blue)
so to anwnser your question yes different

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Cyriopagopus sp. "Malaysia or type II ?

I have adults of the Cyriopagopus sp. "Malaysia or type II". CB from two years ago out of Europe.

They look very much like C. schioedtei just with darker femurs.

Todd

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have adults of the Cyriopagopus sp. "Malaysia or type II". CB from two years ago out of Europe.

Todd
cool. thanks Todd. i was wondering about that too...

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer

Todd
the Cyriopagopus sp. "Malaysia or type II" sold here is just the same as C sp."singapore blue" .

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yep, just a little bit in appearence, accept they come from different localy.

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i know of no taxonomical diffrences.

who can guarantee that your "singapore blue" comes from Singapore?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i know of no taxonomical diffrences.

who can guarantee that your "singapore blue" comes from Singapore?
Exactly!!! That was covered pretty well in one of the past issues of the BTS Journal. The C sp "Malaysia" is C sp "Blue"

I highly recommend that some of you all join the BTS so you can read the Journals. There is a wealth of info in them not just husbandry and breeding techniques but taxonomy as well.

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Exactly!!! That was covered pretty well in one of the past issues of the BTS Journal. The C sp "Malaysia" is C sp "Blue"

I highly recommend that some of you all join the BTS so you can read the Journals. There is a wealth of info in them not just husbandry and breeding techniques but taxonomy as well.
and don't forget some stunning photos in that article you mention...;)

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The holotype was never lost, but until now has not been examined by qualified people. (maybe you was thinking about the lost holotype of C. paganus?).

Regards
Søren

Seigneur Veinen

Arachnopeon
Maybe the confusion has been fed by the fact that there are some different "forms" of C. schioedtei. Some are very clear, and other darker, or very darker, but in my opinion it's the same kind of difference you can find between the 2 pseudo-forms of Cyriopagopus sp Blue.