Cyriopagopus sp. bach ma husbandry - tips

DonLouchese

Arachnosquire
Hello there,

Just crossed out to search the forum for future information about these species and there is not many to be found. In all honesty me and my friend have a lot of Cyriopagopus species in our collection although me and him as well have a few slings each of the sp. bach ma.
Currently we are researching on the situation in the nature to provide the best outcome of the slings. Is this species better to be kept as a Cyriopagopus lividus or is it way better to keep them in a way of Cyriopagopus sp. hati hati , since we usually provide them with more arboreal setup with still a lot of substrate. And C. lividus on the other hand is kept as a fossorial kind.

If anyone has any information and has had a succesful session with these guys that would be much appriciated.

Currently we are keeping them in smaller boxes or vials depending on the size , with a lot of substrate to dig and keeping it moist. No deaths or any bad outcomes so far.
(picture below for reference)
1695844054925.jpg
Thank you and best regards,

Don

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
Hati Hati was mislabeled when it was first introduced. After the Haplopelma/Cyriopagopus revision Cyriopagopus was intended for fossorial Ornithoctoninae. With that being said, Bach Ma is an obligate, moisture dependent, fossorial. So 6-8' of substrate depth with the bottom 1/4-1/3 of substrate at capacity packed down well with a layer of loose dry substrate and leaf litter on top. Ill get pics of my setups when i get home.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
The Bach ma act more like lividus than hati hati. Hati hati is more likely Omothymus and acts more like the Phormingochilus. Bach ma are just fossorial- keep like you’d keep Chilobrachys

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
The Bach ma act more like lividus than hati hati. Hati hati is more likely Omothymus and acts more like the Phormingochilus. Bach ma are just fossorial- keep like you’d keep Chilobrachys
I have some hati hati slings and they web from top to bottom but stay in tunnels. Not sure how they will act as juveniles or adults.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I have some hati hati slings and they web from top to bottom but stay in tunnels. Not sure how they will act as juveniles or adults.
I have raised some from slings to about 4”. I had an adult pair but the female died in a bad molt. You don’t see them often. I would keep like Psalmopeus but a bit more wet. They’ll usually do dirt curtains in in a back corner but emerge from the ground in my experience

curtisgiganteus

Old Timer
I feel like Chilobrachys are much more tolerant of drought than Cyriopagopus.

curtisgiganteus

Old Timer
Hati Hati was mislabeled when it was first introduced. After the Haplopelma/Cyriopagopus revision Cyriopagopus was intended for fossorial Ornithoctoninae. With that being said, Bach Ma is an obligate, moisture dependent, fossorial. So 6-8' of substrate depth with the bottom 1/4-1/3 of substrate at capacity packed down well with a layer of loose dry substrate and leaf litter on top. Ill get pics of my setups when i get home.
IMG_3509.jpeg IMG_3512.jpeg IMG_3513.jpeg IMG_0152.jpeg

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
T
I feel like Chilobrachys are much more tolerant of drought than Cyriopagopus.
You are probably correct, but I keep mine relatively moist due to the areas they come from and I’ve been pretty successful at keeping Chilobrachys alive . The Bach ma are really cool. I have a trio in raising up. The dorsal pattern looks like Poecilotheria. I see the Bach ma out more than I saw my cobalts though . Excellent feeding response

A guy

Arachnobaron
Deep moist substrate. That's pretty much it.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
They do well in a haplotank-type setup. As others have said, provide lots of substrate for them to burrow in and keep it moist at the bottom...
Cyriopagopus sp. Bach ma side.jpg
Cyriopagopus sp. Bach ma top.jpg

SpiderMomma68

Arachnopeon
T

You are probably correct, but I keep mine relatively moist due to the areas they come from and I’ve been pretty successful at keeping Chilobrachys alive . The Bach ma are really cool. I have a trio in raising up. The dorsal pattern looks like Poecilotheria. I see the Bach ma out more than I saw my cobalts though . Excellent feeding response
Oh yes but slow growing for an Asian species. I think my sling I got 10 months ago might actually be almost 2 inches maybe 1 1/2 dls now lol. However speed is not the word to teleport seems slow when speaking about this species or is mine just a nut lol? Beautiful species and cannot wait to learn more about him or her at each stage of development.