Cyriopagopus schioedtei lost...

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a 3.5" female schioedtei, well did have one. VERY defensive T at that. She has been gone for about 4-5 days now. I look in every nook and creek a couple times a day, but am starting to give up on her, hopeing she'll just come running into me sometime soon... it really hurts me to lose this gal. She was kept in a KK and I guess I left the middle "feeding opening" a little too open and she somehow got out. The sad/scary part is, is that my tarantula room, is my bedroom... :eek: :wall: I'm DEF not looking forward to waking up with a sharp pain in my leg... Anyways, if she could be anywhere, this species can be arboreal and terr. so it could be anywhere... I have two dogs, one who is scared of my T's, the other finds them VERY interesting. Everytime I got up there he follows and just stares at them through the tank. He will not eat them though, I have carefully gotten a couple docile ones out for handeling and let him sniff them and he does not freak out. So I'm at a loss now, any ideas as to where this gal is?!?!?! :(

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I read in another post to use a towel, stuff the crease under the door, close windows and other places it may get outside if it's still in the room. Leave a water dish out with the lights off and hope it'll come out. But you might want other peoples opinion too..sorry about your T :(

chris 71

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hope you find it not in the middle of the night attached to you somewhere:eek: i have 2 of these guys and there just as crazy as my obt's. good luck

james41777

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ah.. sorry for this happening..
hopefully you'll find her; check all places that u might not even think of checking.. do you think she might have went out of the room?
just keep windows/and doors shut, perhaps that'd help.
hope you find her!,good luck.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
She'll be hiding somewhere dark and warm. Try all cupboards, drawers, inside clothes, socks etc corners of the ceiling incase she's climbed. Behind books, wardrobes, under the bed... anywhere!

Chances are she'll turn up. Best of luck

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
had a t loose along time ago(curlyhair) and yeah he's was in my drawer,so those places would be a good place for her to hide,ive got a malay.earthtiger aswell(f) yes they are defensive! good luck,don't give up i'm sure is still in your room.

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
Ouch. Good luck with that bro. Super secretive t with a bedroom to play in.... I think the pain in your leg might be a good thing. You'll catch her at least.

Instead of waiting for that, or for stumbling across a dried out T months down the road, find her with a ridiculously thorough search. Chances are she's in there somewhere, probably in the darkest most inaccessible place.
Good luck man. Hope you find her healthy,
Scott

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Damn Austin, I'm sorry to hear about that. I wish you the best of luck in findin her. Just make sure to block off all exists, so she can only stay in that room.

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Check anything with a dark crevice large enough for her to get into. I think you'd probably rather subject yourself to the bite than loose her permanently:} A bedroom can be a big ole world for a little T so maybe she'll crawl in one of your shoes rather than your sheets. Good luck finding her quickly. Di

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks everyone for your concerns. I've still been looking like a monkey on crack, I even ripped up the bottom of my lazy boy, b/c I thought I saw her run into a whole underneath it. My fan has been on all day, everyday to entice her to come out, and what I saw was a molt of a tarantula that was hiding under there, I guess the fan made it move and I flipped out. It really sucks, my door was open a couple days before I knowticed she was gone so there is no telling. I do have a good idea though, at least it is for me. Set several enclosures on their sides (i'll make them of coarse) and place them in several different locations in my room, something like have one at each corner, and several others spread out randomly throughout my room. Maybe she'll find one, and settle in... hmmm in the meantime, I'll keep on the lookout and continue to tear up my room haha.

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
I found a molt of an avic that had escaped months earlier, and then while moving about a month after that, I found the healthy avic. I have no clue what it ate, but it did eat. Keep your hopes up... She'll probably show up... And keep you room closed until she does one way or the other. Chances are she's in there somewhere..... Good idea by the way, I was gonna say throw a houseplant in your room, but your idea will work just as well.

lizmotobike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
this is what i have heard to do.
1. some times when they travel they leave a drag web. look for it in a dark room with a flash light.
2. close all vents and put towels at bottom of doors.
3. also at night or when your gone turn off the lights, turn up the air cond. put a lamp where the spider can access it (middle of floor, on shelf where cage is, etc.) without starting a fire. leave the room for a while. it will be attrached to the warmth.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WELLLLL. It was about time wasnt it? I bet most of you forgot about this post eh! Well today, after getting out of the shower, I opened up my closet and what do I see sitting there??? HER! And guess what, she was bigger! While she was gone, she molted and was dragging around the old skin by one of her back feet. The old skin was a sintch to get off. So shes back home, FINALLY in her new bigger container. Got some tape and I'm good to go, lol. It is a great night!!!!

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:clap: hee hee that's great,glad ya found the little demon,and she molted to boot!