Cyriopagopus lividus bald abdomen

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
The back legs do appear significantly darker as compared to this photo when she was first acquired as well, which would possibly indicate trauma and coagulated hemolymph in the exoskeleton itself.
agreed, i hadnt noticed the darker legs!

except, i dont think it has anything to do with coagulated haemolympth.

the blue sheen comes from the pubescense between the setae right, or are these simply smaller setae? In any case, in a collapse with heavy, moist soil she may have had to struggle so much all of the pubescense, on the back legs as well as the abdominal setae were lost/rubbed off.

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter

Yama777

Arachnosquire
Sorry, I thought I'd mentioned it: it is indeed a recently imported Wild Caught T
That's why I was worried about a fungal infection...
She is now in her new enclosure, I hope she will be better in the future and that she will recover her brilliance at the next molt !
I will let you know !
Thanks all for your advice ;)

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
Sorry, I thought I'd mentioned it: it is indeed a recently imported Wild Caught T
That's why I was worried about a fungal infection...
She is now in her new enclosure, I hope she will be better in the future and that she will recover her brilliance at the next molt !
I will let you know !
Thanks all for your advice ;)
My g porteri I lost just last year to old age / stuck molt etc … was wc and it never had any issues . So it depends on the specimen . Infact it was prob the healiest t I’ve ever owned.

Yama777

Arachnosquire
My g porteri I lost just last year to old age / stuck molt etc … was wc and it never had any issues . So it depends on the specimen . Infact it was prob the healiest t I’ve ever owned.
Let's hope my C. lividus follows the same path as your G. porteri !

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
the blue sheen comes from the pubescense between the setae right, or are these simply smaller setae?
Of that I'm not sure, but there is still some setae visible on the legs.

For reference to the signs of fall damage I was referring to earlier with MM's, this is an absolutely ancient MM Psalmopoeus pulcher that I'll probably have to euthanize soon. They never really stop wandering around and they never molt to regrow damaged setae or repair the scopula they use to climb, so they tend to get pretty beat up.

20230811_204606.jpg

I could see a burrow collapse causing similar injuries to the back legs, especially when paired with a bald abdomen.

MariaLewisia

Arachnoknight

For reference to the signs of fall damage I was referring to earlier with MM's, this is an absolutely ancient MM Psalmopoeus pulcher that I'll probably have to euthanize soon. They never really stop wandering around and they never molt to regrow damaged setae or repair the scopula they use to climb, so they tend to get pretty beat up.

View attachment 452580

I could see a burrow collapse causing similar injuries to the back legs, especially when paired with a bald abdomen.
There's something about those Psalmopoeus MMs. Mine have all defied the odds, even death itself. They're beaten up, scrunkly and horrible, but live on they do.

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter

View attachment 452580

Wc Ts ? They get beaten up bad somehow .. not an old world but check this one out I managed to return although I had to be very convincing to the employee I told I him I can’t guarantee it survives. I wanted to keep it but I’m low on money and I was stressed out worried it might die the abdomen was hairless too and had loads of minor bumps injuries but nothing I would return a t over .. .I broke my zero handling policy yet again. O well sorry if it’s a bad example don’t try this anyone new . I did it for display purposes only … as an example.
IMG_3997.jpeg

Yama777

Arachnosquire
Some news: After 1 day wandering around on the surface of her new enclosure, she settled into the start of the burrow I had prepared for her and started digging. She also took 2 pre-killed Red Runners, even though she hadn't eaten anything for (at least) a good month. So on the face of it, that's reassuring! I'm continuing to monitor her progress and I'm looking forward to the molt ;)

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
Many WC fossorials take quite some time to settle in. It took my lividus 3 months to settle and burrow after a rehouse, and she was CB. Some of my doriae have yet to burrow 2 months after coming in. I don’t think it’s cause for worry just yet.