Genus Cyriopagopus (a.k.a. Haplopelma)

Unblestpirate

Arachnopeon
im rather new to the Haplopelma lividum (cobalt blue)

im new to this species and love my cobalt blue very much. i got her about a week ago as a sling or spiderling. she is very small and very fast. i have some questions on the species though, you see mine is not burrowing or eating yet and ive had her for a week what are some reasons as to why she wont burrow or eat and how can i solve that. see i did some research on the breed and found that they are aggressive and like to burrow so right now i have her in an old pickle jar that i had cleaned very thoroughly. i have 2 rose hairs also and know that a fall can hurt them so i (because she is so small)i filled the jar about 5 to 6 inches deep with eco earth that i got from the local pet store (and before you ask my local pet store should not carry tarantulas simply because the owners and workers are afraid to even feed them) so they dont know anything about the care for one. any way i have a little hide away (which is actually a plastic bottle cap that i cut the side off of) and i have a little rock mainly for decoration. i have had a hard time finding or breeding pinheads so i got some tiny mealworms due to her size but she hasnt eaten since i got her and no i dont just leave the food in there if she doesnt eat it. i love my cobalt more than any thing and would be very upset if she starved herself to death or stressed her self to death. any information on why she is or could be acting this way would be appreciated as well as info on the breed and more importantly the sling stage of the breed

Attachments

Mako16

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Haplopelma minax, mature female

Haplopelma lividum, mature female

Haplopelma albostriatum, mature female

Unblestpirate

Arachnopeon
Haplpelma lividum

well about 5 minutes after i left that post on why she wasnt eating or burrowing, she did exactly that. i decided to offer her a meal worm again and she took it then when she finished she took off to the side of the jar and started her burrow.she is out now of coarse its dark so it only makes sense. all in all out of the 3 T's that i own she is my most prized. on another note i was lucky when i got her. she only cost me 20 dollars as a sling and ive found that to be the cheapest that any one has offered a cobalt for. such a great T and a little more active than the rose hair.

Organophosphate

Arachnopeon
This is a great thread. It not only has some great pictures and information it also shows the history and development of these in the hobby. Just got one and this thread really helped!

Time to revive it from the dead

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haplopelma schmidti
(Female with egg sack!)

Really hoping this is a good one!!Wish me luck!
-Chris

Tcrazy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am guessing she is a H. minax but i am not 100 % sure. my local petstore just got her in they called me up to see if I would take her at no cost because she was too aggressive for them to even get her out of her container she was shipped in... picture is pour cause she is Banged up and very stressed it was very hard to get a good picture.......

[/IMG]

Dinho

Arachnosquire
Young 2,5cm BL female H.hainanum

Adult 7cm BL female H.lividum

She's very dark

One of my females H.minax 5-5,5 cm BL

One of my Ornithoctoninae sp. blue femur "Haplopema robustum"

My 4,5cm BL female O.aureotibialis

Sling H.schmidti

Dismal pic Ornithoctoninae sp. laos sling