Genus Cyriopagopus (a.k.a. Haplopelma)

TarantulaLV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow! That last photo is great! :) Seems to have a bit of a problem with the current weather conditions though.

eerie_von_lee

Arachnopeon
Thought You Guys Would Appreciate This One I Got Whilst Changing Her Water !

SP "blue" - aka B.A.B.B.S
(big ass blue biting spider)

7+1/2" spread - and though i thought she had finished eating the cricket obviously she hadn't coz it's in the pic lol

(fresh moult also just the other week there)

strongboy4

Arachnopeon
blue babies

This species now is called Lampropelma violaceopes.
The blue Mama is good looking for her little babies.
But time to leave her is coming....
take care
Didi

Last edited:

Jon3800

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haplopelma Species

I got this as a "Cambodia Black". Any ideas? :wall:

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
H. Longipes right after she teleported from the bottom of her shipping tub and tried to bite my face off~:eek: FAST is an understatement! :D Named her "Turbo"...

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Since your spider lacks the prominent "sideburns" (enlarged retrolateral cheliceral scopula) your spider does not belong in the schmidti-group (H. schmidti and H. hainanum). In my opinion your spider looks more like a minax-group Haplopelma - either a young H. minax or more likely a H. sp. "Vietnam".

Regards
Søren

Haplopelma sp..... Possibly Haplopelma hainanum

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I will note exactly what you said. That helps me out quite a bit. I actually picked her up at a show last weekend and she was labeled as H. minax. I showed this picture to someone and they said it could possibly be a Haplopelma hainanum. Thanks Søren :)

Bob

PoPpiLLs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I rehoused my 3" Cyriopagopus sp blue today and got took some pics what do y'all think about the sex ?

scolex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice

LOL Mine was crazy today, so I was thinking about doing the same. She is about 5" and was running around like crazy! LOL Never did find the right container so I have to wait.

scolex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well at the moment they might have changed there name that starts with an S, and I am still looking into it. When mine was 4" I handled her just fine, but after what I have seen her do last night and today I am a little more freaked out on trying to grab her up. LOL Still looking for that right container.! any help? PS yours looks like a male to me... unless you get some better shots.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I love this species. Keeping them depends on the size of the specimen. Smaller specimens are kept in an environment where they can either be arboreal or terrestrial. Most of the time they will choose both to some extent. As they get larger they seem to become more and more arboreal. At first keeping them in vials and then to KK is the way i go. When they get very large they are then moved into an exo-terra type setup, or you can make do with a 10 gallon tank set on its side. Whatever you decide to do, take extra consideration into humidity and air flow.
Cheers