GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ultimate male Cyriocosmus sp. "leetzi" Venezuela

Eric

Excess-T

Arachnopeon
Help?

I've been looking for some solid info on C. elegans for a while, and I can't seem to find much. The dealer I bought mine off of said it's an arboreal species, and the little s'ling certainly spends a lot of time covering the sides of the container in web, and climbing around closer to the top, but I don't think that's really an accurate way of answering my question. When I checked some sites online, some said they were arboreal, others said they made extensive burrows. I also haven't found any steady info as to how large they get. I was told by the guy I bought mine off of that they get to be "about the size of your fist". Online I could only find that they don't get very big, and some reports that they only get to be about 1.5-2 inches in length. Naturally, this kind of info would be very helpful in establishing a proper environment when it gets bigger. Does anyone in this thread have any idea?

The s'ling I picked up is about a quarter of an inch in length now, and certainly displays all the interesting patterns of a C. elegans. I bought it off of a local specialty shop I frequent for around $20. Already it can easily take a pinhead cricket its own size, and seems to be eager to take a meal, eating most of the cricket even after it's been drained. I have no concerns right now about it being hard to care for, as I don't particularly plan to handle it while it's so small, and it seems to be a very healthy eater.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have several and they are pretty much all burrowers.
Sometimes they will stay near the top of the enclosure till they get used to their surroundings. Also the biggest one in my collection is just under 2". I'm pretty sure that's about the size they get full grown. They are a dwarf species.
Hope this helps:D

meyken

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

got also some...^^

C.bertae female

C.sellatus female fresh molted

C.sellatus larvae

C.perezmilesi female

C.elegans female

Michael

T Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are these available in the US????
C bertae
C sellatus
C perezmilesi

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Are these available in the US????
C bertae
C sellatus
C perezmilesi
You should be able to find some C. perezmilesi for sale. Tom's eggsac that he pictured above looks like it was a success. I had an eggsac go bad on me from this species.

Chris Hamilton and I are raising C. bertae and C. sellatus here in Dallas, but I don't know of any others in the states, though there could be someone else who imported some... not sure.

Eric

cruelty

Arachnopeon
Hello,

do you know, how body lenght have adult female of C. perezmilesi? And which moult are they?
How long after moult do you mate this female?

Thank for yours answer. :?

Last edited:

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
just hatched some C. leetzi, same deal as C. elegans, nothing different.

take care

Martin