Cyriocosmus ritae, anyone?

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

Anyway, I was wondering how many people have experience breeding ritae? I know all about elegans, but can't find much on ritae.
there is an article about C. ritae by Hans-Werner Auer:

• AUER, H.-W. (2009): Cyriocosmus ritae PÉREZ-MILES, 1998 in Peru – Habitat, Lebensweise, Haltung und Vermehrung. ARACHNE 14(6): 4-11.

Summary:
    Hans-Werner Auer describes the habitus, courtship and mating behavior of Cyriocomus ritae. Also, he provides information regarding the natural habitat of this species, which he was able to collect during a trip to Peru.

...he found them living aboreal in Palmtrees.

Cheers,
Martin

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So that female ended up eating her sac, but I had success with a different female this time around:

</toot>

;)

Out of interest, what is the usual mate-to-sac time in this species?
This one was 41 days.

Last edited:

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome! Congratulations on the successful sac! Those spiderling pictures take teeny tiny to a whole new level for me, so thank for sharing! :)

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They may be teeny tiny, but my miniscule sling is an eating machine. They graduate to "very small" pretty quickly.

Elizabeth27

Arachnopeon
So, finally got these two to spend some quality time together:

That last one isn't the best quality but it shows an insertion.

Anyway, I was wondering how many people have experience breeding ritae? I know all about elegans, but can't find much on ritae.

Anyone with experience and advice on this would be appreciated. I'd sure like to get some of these captive bred guys into the hobby. :)

--Joe
Is your female full size? How big is your male? Do the males and females look identical or can you distinguish them apart?