Cyclosternum fasciatum

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
HI
I am getting a Cyclosternum fasciatum (tiger rump) sling as any body got any info on these.I have read some caresheets but wanted any owners tips/advice/pictures.
Thanks
Chid

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just got a s'ling myself. Too early to tell. Likes to web.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
My C. fasciatum is a little guy still, just under 2 inches I'd say. Likes to web, ALOT, and burrowed even though the substrate is less than a half inch. Stays hidden alot.

Bill

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Care sheet

There's a care guide for this species here, at Arachnopets. Browse around and find it.
You may hear that this species is "aggressive", I have not noticed any defensive behaviour of mine, actually they are one of the few species in my care that I can handle. They are flighty though.
I've also heard to keep them dryish, which really doesn't make sense considering they are from Costa Rica.
They are one of the smaller species, with female maxing out around 4.5". The specimen pictured is an adult female, who has been paired with a male back in July. I'm hoping.

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree with LaRiz.I handle them all the time.never seen agressive
behavior.I keep mine warm and humid.:cool:
good luck.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I just found mine after she was awol for 3 months....so they MUST be quite hardy LOL
I don't know why, but I keep mine on the drier side as well..maybe that is what helped her survive in my house :)
They are easy to care for, before mine escaped, she was quite the webber, great appetite, and not defensive at all, but fairly spastic.
They are really cute little Ts, kinda like a copper/black bumblebee

EDIT: I don't mean to imply that you should keep a sling dry though....they all need more moisture than a juve or adult!

Last edited: