CURLY SLING excavation..

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What my sling did was he burrowed and made tunnels thruought the vial. They go down, wrap around, come back up.On the other side is an exact copy..down, around, up. The vial is COMPLETELY FULL to the top with the dirt he dug out. All the way to the very top.
Now, what do i do? Do i squish some of his work. It's not that I had too much dirt in there...it is that he tunnelled so much and piled the dirt up. Do I put him in a larger container..it is only about a half inch long.
Do i leave it as it is, and just put the food into once of the holes(the openings are RIGHT up against the lid)...

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Busy bug :)

Our indian violet does that. I just put the pinheads in, or toss the chopped cricket pieces on top, their gone come the morning and she's FAT.

I Did end up taking out two thirds of her substrat and put in a few twigs.

But I was moving her to a new vial too.

As long as the food vanishes and T stays fat and active. I'd just let it be. :).

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy

As long as the food vanishes and T stays fat and active. I'd just let it be. :).
haha i live by that when it comes to my centipede... just poke around every few days until you hear the damn thing hiss

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My H. gigas sling did the same thing.:)
The jar was 2/3 full, but after the burrowing it was full to the top.
Air can still get in, so I'm going to leave it alone, I guess. It his/her deal, I think it knows what its doing. :?

Ern

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My curly slings are the same , leave them be unless you need to.
Leave the food on the surface and if its gone its eaten in a few hours shes fine.