Curly Hairs abound!!

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Good news about my three curly hair tarantulas :D

The first, Amryee, was a female I got from the pet shop I used to work for. She was SO thin and undernourished. I spoiled her rotten, and even took her camping with me to keep an eye on her progress. She molted this week! She's been walled up in her cave all week, but I saw her out this morning. When She went back in her cave, I took it out to pick her up and found a molt in there with her! I'm so glad to see she made it out okay. I'd been worried about this little sweetie :D She's definately my friendliest spider. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't handle her anymore.

My second, Tweek, was the male I got to mate with Amryee in the future. He's been a walking ball of spaz since I brought him home. He's FINALLY settling down, and has even started building a home for himself in a half-log I gave him. He's still a bit iffy about being held, but has stopped kicking hairs at me, recently.

My third curly (still unnamed) was the gravid one. She's been VERY hard to get a clear look at, lately, as she's only left a VERY small crack in the entrance to her burrow. From what I can see, though, she's dramticly thinner and seems to be guarding an eggsac!! :D If all goes well, I'll be happy to treat everyone on here to a free spiderling (bear in mind, I can't front shipping :p)!

Anyway, that's mostly all that's new over here in the way of curlies :)

-Bryan

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
Well done, i love curly hairs, and would gladly have one of your spiderlings, but i live in a different country.

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I wish I could get a male/female or a gravid female -- sounds like fun...except for all of the waiting..

I'd gladly fork up s&h whenever they hatch, though.

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
thanks, bryan for the offer. let's see—according to all of the spiders i'm supposed to get for free, my collection is sure to rival holley's, scott & debby's, bryan's and code_monkey's!

don't fret, k_l, i'll take care of your spiderling for you...i'll send you pictures, and let you talk to him/her on the phone, and you can read it bedtime stories...and pay for college when the time comes...

anyway, i've got dibbs on king looey's spiderling!!!

Last edited:

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Bryan,
Excellent news! I wish you good luck with the eggsac.
Ralph

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Speaking of Curly Hairs, Mine molted today!:D
She is about 5 inches and absolutely beautiful!
Its a very good day for Curly's!
By the way, I would love to get mine a little sister/brother, so please let me know when yours hatch!
Thanks!
Ralph

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
yes...speaking of...we are day forty-something with Frizz and her eggsac! She apparently decided she and the sac had enough of the log hideout..so she has toted it back to her hide, and barricaded it closed.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
The two little curlys that Shelby got at the ATS conference, Kalachay and Seculada both molted as well.
Geez, look what happens when I let Shelby name the tarantulas LOL