Curly hair tarantula

Trenor

Arachnoprince
B.albopilosum are very good beginner tarantulas. They are not overly defensive and mine has been very easy to work with.

That being said I don't handle any of my tarantulas. It's easy for you or the tarantula to get hurt when handling.

BTW don't you have an E. sp. Red? That species is likely to be a lot more tolerant than the B.albopilosum is.

Last edited:

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
As far as best beginner tarantulas are concerned, Brachypelma albopilosum are in the top 5. In my opinion the Euathlus Sp. red is the best species for beginners, to answer that second part, I, as well as 97% of this forum, do not recommend handling regardless of temperament. I did so when I first got started in the hobby 4 years ago (with a B. albopilosum ironically) to get over the phobia and I haven't done so since and will never do so.

Hope this helps.

Victor Elizondo

Arachnopeon
B.albopilosum are very good beginner tarantulas. They are not overly defensive and mine has been very easy to work with.

That being said I don't handle any of my tarantulas. It's easy to you or the tarantula to get hurt when handling.

BTW don't you have an E. sp. Red? That species is likely to be a lot more tolerant than the B.albopilosum is.

Yes a have a Euathlus sp red tarantula but I what to move up in the hobby so I think he curly hair tarantula is the next tarantula I should own

Trenor

Arachnoprince
A B.albopilosum would make a nice new step but as far as tolerance goes I've not found any T that was more tolerant than the E sp. Yellow/Red.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Handling is unnatural. What is unnatural violates nature. And actions against nature have consequences e.g. the tarantula accidentally flicks its entire opisthosoma into your eyes instead of just a few setae, or the tarantula bolted so fast out of nervousness it breaks the space-time continuum and teleported to Tibet, or the tarantula bites you so hard the puncture wound remains visible on the skin of your incarnation 300 years from now. The possibilities are endless!

Edit: But they are definitely adorable! Mmmmm!

Last edited:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Tarantulas aren't handling pets. They don't like it and it can be dangerous.

Yes, B albopilosum are the best beginner spider imo.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Is the curly hair tarantula best beginner considering most docle and can tolerate handling.
Good one, so is G. pulchripes.

T's dont like to be handled. If you want a pet you can hold, get a cat. Holding a T is great way to kill it or lose it, we see it happen all the time here.