Curly hair not eating

Kallmon1

Arachnopeon
Curly hair that’s about 2 inches has not eaten and buried itself in hide for about 4 days now..It molted about 2 weeks ago..starting to get a bit worried..Is this normal?

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Tarantulas have naturally slow metabolisms, so I wouldn't worry about it not eating since it takes a long time for them to burn or lose weight. It is normal for tarantulas not to eat sometimes. I'd say your little one is most likely fine and will eat if it's hungry.

thatdadlife619

Arachnoknight
Mine is literally doing the same shenanigan at the moment. Just like @DomGom TheFather said, just keep the water dish full and eventually you’ll see it out and about. Eventually.

maddog1219

Arachnosquire
I have seen some species of tarantulas go off feed for over half a year, you have nothing to worry about.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Curly hair that’s about 2 inches has not eaten and buried itself in hide for about 4 days now..It molted about 2 weeks ago..starting to get a bit worried..Is this normal?
Hasn't it eaten in about 4 days or since before it moulted? Either would be normal. But if you mean it hasn't eaten in 4 days I'd have to ask when you first fed it after its moult? It's really important you wait before feeding after a moult, their fangs have to completely harden up first before it's safe for them to feed.

jtbblair

Arachnopeon
Mine hasn't eaten in 2 months but am i worried? No
So how often would one keep offering food? Let’s say I’m supposed to feed one today and it doesn’t eat. I wait a day and take the worm out. At what point after this do I offer another worm or cricket? Everyday? Every few days?

Kallmon1

Arachnopeon
So since this post my T has molted and is in premolt again. I have a 1/2 inch GBB that I’m sure in in premolt as well now..Hasn’t had food for a few weeks and seems fine..I over about a half meal worm and leave over night about every 3 days to see if it takes it..If not I remove in the morning and try again in about 3 more days.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
So how often would one keep offering food? Let’s say I’m supposed to feed one today and it doesn’t eat. I wait a day and take the worm out. At what point after this do I offer another worm or cricket? Everyday? Every few days?
I usually wait a week before trying again. But it depends on the T in question and whether it has just moulted or might be in premoult, or whether it's an adult or a sling.

Scp682

Arachnoknight
Once they get over an inch i feed all my slings weekly. By feed i mean offer food, if they're in premolt or fasting they won't eat but again i don't usually worry. Yours is definetly large enough that i would offer weekly.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I wait a week give or take to try again dependent on the size of the abdomen.

by the way Feeding schedules are nice and all but feeding based on the abdomen size is the best way to judge when to feed, a tarantula will gorge themselves and get overly plump sometimes and the abdomen gets so large and heavy that they can not hold it up any longer and it drags and can become injured. Read about it happening. If a tarantula is adequently plump theres no reason to keep on trying to feed anyway, provide water, sit back wait for it to molt, watch and enjoy. rinse repeat over and over. :)