curly hair molt questions

LunarFaery

ArachnoDiva
Old Timer
One of my curly hair slings molted a few days ago. Leg #1: the metatarsus and tarsus segments have stayed pink while the rest of the leg has gone to a dark color. Any ideas?

Jen

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Is the leg still pink?
I've never heard of this. Does the leg work?

E

LunarFaery

ArachnoDiva
Old Timer
Yes its still off color and its still using it. I dont have a clue as to why tho. Ive tried several times to take a picture but it hauls t butt back into its burrow.

Jen

Kali

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine tend to hide after molting, so while I've never seen this, it is possible i've merely missed it. Is it a sling? if everything else is in full working order, it is probably ok. good luck. my P. fasciata sling ate one of her legs a couple of days before molting, and now it won't let me check its progress.

Kristin:?

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Re: Your Sling

Did your sling have all 8 legs before it molted?

The reason I ask is because a couple years ago, I received
a beautiful B. smithi 4 inch critter who must have somehow
injured himself in transit. When I went to get him out of the container, he decided he only needed 7 legs and the 8th leg remained in the container. I quickly named him Siete (spanish for Seven).

When he molted, he grew the 8th leg, but it looked nothing like
the other seven legs. In fact, it looked more like a thin black stick.
A couple molts after that, it looks like a normal leg again, though
if I look closely, I can see it doesn't have quite a much color on it as the other 7 legs. I think after the next molt, it will be impossible to tell he ever lost it to begin with. :)

Wysi

P.S. If you want to see the "black stick" you can check out my
photo at:

http://www.linuxservers.2y.net/wysiwyg/siete_small.jpg