croc hunter with scorps

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Anybody ever see the croc hunter episode i know its kinda old where he lifts up rocks in Africa and start finding scorps under them most looked like opistophthalmus species one kinda looked like a parabuthus liosoma really good episode.:)

TempestGarden

Arachnopeon
Hmmm... I vaguely remember seeing this episode, but I don't recall it being Africa where he was located. I thought for sure he was in Australia. The reason I seem to think that is because I remember seeing that specimen and thinking it looked like a Parabuthus spp. which I thought was unusual since he was in Australia. Hmmmm... who know though? Maybe I'm just getting old. That was however, a really cool episode.

Jeff :?

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im not A 100% sure either but there was a tribe of native there so im thinking africa they wanted him to remove some deadly snakes while looking for them he found a bunch of scorps. I wish he would do a whole show on scorps once would be great.=D

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure it was Africa. Whatever species it was, he said they had strong venom and moved them away from the tribe, because he was afraid someone was going to get stung.

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Instead of moving it from one place to another, he should've just sent it to me. I guarantee it wouldn't have stung anyone in that tribe...ever. *lol* I saw the preview for that episode, but was on my way out the door at the time, and didn't ever get to see it. Oh well, maybe one day. And an all scorpion show would be great, but I don't think he'd have the luck of finding a huge number of scorps anywhere in a very short amount of time, depending on where he was...especially not of different species. But they could do a travel around to film one show. I think it'd be worth it to catch at least 200 species on an hour or so of film. I wouldn't care if it took them a year to film it. I'd wait.

adios,
edw. =D

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, I saw that episode. He was "muckin' about" with Africa's deadliest snakes - cobras, mambas, carpet vipers, boomslangs, etc. I thought the scorps were opistophthalmus sp., but it was a while ago that I saw it, so I don't remember them too well. Did anyone get it on tape?

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
they always have scorps on the national geographic channel...especially on the "Built for the Kill" show...that one is my favorite.
and i believe a while back they had a show just on scorpion and tarantula venom and the effects of it on small children getting bit and stuff...good stuff if you ask me.

Risto

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah in that episode that was the most scared i ever had seen steve when he was handiling the black mamba. Without anti venom nobody has ever lived from a black mamba bite. :8o

Kaissos5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Never fear

Never fear mates, for i one day will make an animal planet show devoted to Insects and Arachnids, and it will be called..........The Collector

-David

P.S. Seriously