Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

crix info needed

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by ScorpDude, Apr 2, 2004.

1. ScorpDude

ScorpDude Arachnoangel Old Timer

Advertisement
    well in preperation for getting a scorp, i want to know a few things about criclets.

i am just going to release them into the tank when my scorp needs feeding (if i can) but how do i stop them establishing themselves?
    and how long will the crix live if fed on a healthy diet and kept damp free?

2. G. Carnell

G. Carnell Arachnoemperor Old Timer

EU
    how about only putting as many crickets in as the scorp will eat.
    and making sure there are no nooks an crannies that it can get to,

i help baby scorps eat btw, just guide the cricket past the scorp and he will catch it.
    unless you want to see it hunt

3. Kugellager

Kugellager ArachnoJester Arachnosupporter

Crickets can live a week or two after reaching adulthood.

I have too many scorpions to bother with feeding each of them separately and therefore just throw on the weeks allotment at one time.

I do go back a few days later to remove any dead one as they will attract mites. Dead crickets also have quite a foul smell and decay rapidly.

John
    ];')

4. ScorpDude

ScorpDude Arachnoangel Old Timer

im getting 2nd instars, so will they live for about a month - 6 weeks? as that is how lnog im hoping they will last

also, how many crix is my scorp likely to get thro a week?

oooops forgot to mention, its a 3cm scorp, feeding on 2nd instars

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2004
  5. Kugellager

Kugellager ArachnoJester Arachnosupporter

I'd say 3-5 crickets of the size you described. The scorpions you have are probably capable of taking larger crickets without a problem though.

John
    ];')

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.