Cricket Stuck in With My Freshly Molted T. Just Wait?

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
I threw a cricket in with my A. Geniculata. I didn't realize it had just molted. The cricket ran down the T.s burrow. I saw the T. refuse the Cricket (weird for my A. Geniculata) and thats when I noticed a molt in the back of the burrow. What do you all think I should do. Try and get it out? Just wait?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I would remove the cricket. A B.dubia, maybe burrowing and disappearing somewhere is a thing, but a wandering cricket "jumping" in the enclosure of a freshly molted Theraphosidae? I wouldn't risk the chelicerae.

Took that singing weirdo out with tongs, man :)

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
I would remove the cricket. A B.dubia, maybe burrowing and disappearing somewhere is a thing, but a wandering cricket "jumping" in the enclosure of a freshly molted Theraphosidae? I wouldn't risk the chelicerae.

Took that singing weirdo out with tongs, man :)
Removing the cricket may cause some destruction to the burrow. Still go for it?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Removing the cricket may cause some destruction to the burrow. Still go for it?
I understand your concern. But if, instead A.geniculata, you will had a C.cyaneopubescens (the 'GBB') you will concerned for the web? They will re-build that :)

I would gently open the enclosure, search for the cricket, and try the best for took him out. I usually wait a good 15 days, minimum, before feeding a juve/adult Theraphosidae. Chelicerae needs to be black and hard.

I'm saying this because I forgot to ask you this detail: is your A.geniculata a sling, or an adult one, btw?

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
You might try to use a small container, add some vegetables or some food that crickets enjoy and put it inside the enclosure. When the cricket runs into that, take it out. I have successfully taken out crickets this way without having to disturb the burrow of the tarantula. If this fails, I would take it out even if it means disturbing the burrow. Good luck!

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
I understand your concern. But if, instead A.geniculata, you will had a C.cyaneopubescens (the 'GBB') you will concerned for the web? They will re-build that :)

I would gently open the enclosure, search for the cricket, and try the best for took him out. I usually wait a good 15 days, minimum, before feeding a juve/adult Theraphosidae. Chelicerae needs to be black and hard.

I'm saying this because I forgot to ask you this detail: is your A.geniculata a sling, or an adult one, btw?
It's a Sling. Its about 1.25 to 1.5 inches as far as I can tell. It spends most every day underground, the party pooper.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It's a Sling. Its about 1.25 to 1.5 inches as far as I can tell. It spends most every day underground, the party pooper.
Well, with slings, even more tiny than yours (sorry now, I assume, because I'm not exactly the best here when it comes to inches, we don't use as you know) I always wait 5 days at least. If yours molted today, or yesterday, yes. I will try to remove the cricket.

Ziad ElGuneid

Arachnosquire
I'd try and get it out, I lost a sling once to a hungry cricket. it isn't fun. the food lure sounds like a great idea. If the cricket has been in a tub for a while without food it'll run out. I used to just touch my tongues to fruit and then put them in the cricket enclosure and they just climb right on there. saves me chasing them around.