Cricket Mold

Vayu Son

Avatar of Anansi
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
809
Turns out an orange i had in for my crickets got nabbed by some fungi last night. Will these crickets be unsafe to feed the T's?

thanks.

-V
 

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 22, 2002
Messages
3,786
Extremely unlikely. Most molds are harmless, and of the few that do contain toxins, odds are either that the cricket wouldn't eat it, or if it did it would be dead. They're not an insect which can store toxins up like some caterpillars.

If it's growing on an orange the most likely culprit would be some sort of penicillin mold which is, as far as I know, not harmful to Ts.
 

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Aug 9, 2002
Messages
284
Like CM said it probably harmless... but when I am comparing a 9 cent cricket to a 50 dollar spider I tend to go on the side of caution.

When in doubt throw it out as the saying goes.
 

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Jan 23, 2003
Messages
202
Question..

Is their any problem with keeping a chunk of potatoe in the crics cage that would cause them any harm? If i got brown and kinda old... and how long would i be able to keep a potatoe chunk in their before id have to put a new one in?



Ian
 

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Joined
Aug 20, 2002
Messages
907
I replace potatoe chunks evry other day. Never had a problem yet.
 
Top