Cricket Carnage Scorpion Style

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I thought that since a thread was started in the Tarantula Forums for Cricket Carnage, I might as well start one here for Scorpions to satify a Primal Urge of witnessing these vial Feeder crickets being consumed with relish by our Scorpions. Feeder Crickets are vile little hateful things.

Well for my first pic, here is my Pandinus cavimanus Sasori eating away.

Attachments

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Next is my little beauty, Destroyer, my Pandinus imperator with a freshly molted cricket. Oh no. These winged wonders cannot have their exoskeletons harden at all, the vile little creatures.

Attachments

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here's an overhead shot of Destroyer chowing away at her freshly molted cricket. Plus she's already nabbed another in her claw.

Attachments

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Heh, cool scorpion.

I believe its still young right? Usually grown ups have red stingers.
Wait I think I see it in the third pic...

How many scorpions you have?

I had 5 emperors awhile ago, they were cool until the parasites got them, watch out for sick looking crickets or those that are kept in dirty places. My largest was, hmmm somewhere around 8 inch.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The first pic is of a different Scorpion, Pandinus cavimanus, named Sasori. The two pictures after that are of my fave scorpion, Destroyer, my Pandinus imperator. Here is a pic I took of them as a size comparison between the two.

They are both adults. I do not buy babies because Scorpion molting are much more different than Tarantula moltings. I just don't have that experience level. As soon as Bill Stanton from Invertepets gets back from the ATS conference, I'll be getting two more scorpions, an Israeli Gold (Scorpio maurus) and African Black Claw (Opisthacanthus sp. "rugiceps").

Last edited: