Cresty refuses paste food

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
Hopefully there's some cresty fans who can answer my question :) I just got a little crested gecko a week ago, and he refuses to eat repashy brand paste. But will chow down on crickets, I was told they loved to eat the food paste. Anyone have this issue?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Sometimes they need to have the same brand and flavor to get them to eat, ask the dealer you got it from what they used. Also the right consistency makes a difference, play around with how thick or watery it is till you find what they like.
This thread needs pics :snaphappy::snaphappy:

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
They sold me repashy when I got him said that's all they use. And it's about the consultancy of ketchup or apple sauce. And here's a picture of the little guy :)

Attachments

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
I've never kept these before, but maybe try rubbing some around it's mouth. If that doesn't work, maybe try getting a little in it's mouth. Once again, I've never kept cresties before, but sometimes animals need a taste of something before they'll actually try it.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
OK, but is it the same fruit flavor? they make quite a few different ones? then just play with the consistency till he eats. As long as its eating crickets/roaches dusted with calcium it wont starve. Make sure it knows where its food is, you can even put a tiny bit on a spoon and see if it will eat form your hand. Put a tiny dab on the side of its mouth the constantly clean themselves so it wont have a choice but to taste it.