Craziest Thing Your Pet Has Eaten

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Bulldog ate (my wife witnessed) an escaped G. pulchra, about 3".
:wall:

R.W.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
One of my chihuahuas ate a single peice of chex mix and ended up in the emergency. Nedless to say, we are alot more careful about leaving food where he can get to it.:D

One of my cats drank all the water out of the bowl to get to, and, eat our beta fish. Of course, this is the same cat that ate nearly a pound of artificial christmas tree needles and had to be cut open to have them removed. Then, only about a month later, when he was just finished healing, we find out he has swalloed one of my bass bow hairs and had to go through the same flippin operation again! The hair had actually pulled most of his intestines over to one side of his body! He's expensive but I love him.

Fenrir

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Man that sucks.

Neighbors dog ate a couch. They were gone 3 hours.

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my boss's dog loves to eat the eyes off toys and of course cat poo.

She also loves papertowels ahaha

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:wall:
my crazy orange cat ate my only escapee, a 3" female GBB :(
i couldn't stay mad at him though, especially when he started vomiting. but i cried a long time for her.

REAL

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My dog ate a whole bottle of ointment/medication....

He also ate some cotton from his stuffed animal

He loved chasing flies around the house and eating them

He loves eating animal fecal

He ate the plastic shades in our window, part of it

Don't worry though, none of that killed him. A car finally ran him over. I gave him back to the original owner because the daughter was crying a lot and wanted it back so I felt bad (the mom didn't tell me she took it away from her without her knowing) They took it out for a walk and it got away and blah blah blah 2 hours later road kill.

Choobaine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Don't worry though, none of that killed him. A car finally ran him over. I gave him back to the original owner because the daughter was crying a lot and wanted it back so I felt bad (the mom didn't tell me she took it away from her without her knowing) They took it out for a walk and it got away and blah blah blah 2 hours later road kill.
LOL! Oops shouldn't laugh but the irony of that really started my day.

REAL

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LOL! Oops shouldn't laugh but the irony of that really started my day.
I was pissed off as hell because they called me and told me that they decided to put him in a garbage bag and dump him. I'm like H*LL NO YOU BETTER GIVE HIM A PROPER BURIAL!

She's my mom's boss but I really wanted to cuss her out. If I knew that was going to happen 2 DAYS LATER MIND YOU...I would never have given it back.

He sorta had it coming though, he's the kinda dog that doesn't really listen. When he was with me, he would run out in the street a lot as well. Whenever I tried to get close to get him he would run away more. Small little dog. I love him but he probably had it coming..

Here he is:
[YOUTUBE]XGHYuV9rRM8[/YOUTUBE]

Choobaine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know I would be equally as mad in that situation. It's too rediculous. I'd rant at the old owner till I'd turn blue in the face. Doesn't seem very responsible giving a dog then taking it back like that to begin with.

That's one cute video of that dog, gorgeous coat on him.

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My old yellow lab swallowed a baseball once.
No one knew he swallowed the baseball until my dad saw a string hangin out of it's butt and stepped on it... Pop, out comes a baseball. Man I have never heard a dog scream like that before.
It was really sad at the time cause my poor doggie hurt so bad, but now it is a bit funny...

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Many moons ago, when they were adolescents...I lost THREE couches and a recliner in one year to my Staffy-bull and Bordeaux.....they would tag team every time I left the house....
I ended up giving up one whole room to hold the cages to contain them, while away...lol{D
I ended up with 4 huge cages...1 for the E. mastiff, 1 for the pitbull, 1 for the staffy-bull and 1 for the bordeaux....

I LOVE the bulldogs...but MAN they're stubborn! :cool:

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I take it you mean the bull dogs were adolescent, not the couches:p

I see your from Michigan, ever been to GrandRapids? thats were I am from orginally heh.

Last edited:

Choobaine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My bed is close to the dragon tank.

My dragon saw the model aligator skeleton I'd placed on the edge of the bed.

He tried to eat it.

I'm so glad there was glass! {D

Choobaine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

There we go! Living example! Taken about five minutes ago. Cute isn't it?

I wanted a photo, he wanted the camera strap. Typical dragon!

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
The baseball one is awesome! Poor doggy!{D

My black lab (sadly deceased) once ate a hubcap full of lugnuts. The neighbor was changing his truck tire, put all the lugnuts in the hubcap, dog came along, snarfed up all the lugnuts. We never did find any of them. He also liked Bacardi and Coke.

My cat likes to eat rubber sandals and styraphoam(sp?). We had to hide all our shoes in the closets so he couldn't steal them and chew on them. Now that he's older he doesn't do it as much. Though every now and then you find something chewed up in the hallway or something.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
maybe you need to have that cat stuffed

One of my chihuahuas ate a single peice of chex mix and ended up in the emergency. Nedless to say, we are alot more careful about leaving food where he can get to it.:D

One of my cats drank all the water out of the bowl to get to, and, eat our beta fish. Of course, this is the same cat that ate nearly a pound of artificial christmas tree needles and had to be cut open to have them removed. Then, only about a month later, when he was just finished healing, we find out he has swalloed one of my bass bow hairs and had to go through the same flippin operation again! The hair had actually pulled most of his intestines over to one side of his body! He's expensive but I love him.

Atalanta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
One of my bunnies has either eaten or tried to eat phone chargers, books, remote control buttons, candles, rugs, clothing, blankets, my hair, cd and dvd cases, pillows, the lid off of her treat can, pizza, and snacky cakes.
Herbivore, my ass.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
One of my bunnies has either eaten or tried to eat phone chargers, books, remote control buttons, candles, rugs, clothing, blankets, my hair, cd and dvd cases, pillows, the lid off of her treat can, pizza, and snacky cakes.
Herbivore, my ass.
{D {D

REAL

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Herbivore, my ass.
Maybe it just wanted something to gnawl on?

I've had bunnies before, mines ate my shoelace, half of my algebra book (hopelly he learned something), and other stuff. I think its their habbit of wanting something to chew on, not that they specifically want to eat those things, but by the habbit of chewing stuff up they end up eating stuff.

Especially with many rodent species that like to chew on stuff, oh yes especially ferrets lmao! You gotta watch out what you put around. My friend had a rabbit and he had to go on a trip for two days. He left a lot of food and while he was gone I guess the rabbit got out somehow. When he got home everything looked fine except that his leather sofa (1.5 grand) looked like the cheese he bought home, full of holes.