Crawltech`s picture thread

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Nice shots and spiders Levi! Nice to see you around again, hope all is well. :)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Wonderful pics of the P. metallica and the H. mac - gnaaa...now I'm tempted even more again!

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P. fasciata

P. metallica

out for a drink...

P. formosa

crooked folio formosa

P. regalis

more formosa

---------- Post added 01-14-2013 at 09:53 PM ----------

.....non poecis

C. fasciatum

paraphysa dwarfs

sp. tiger #1

sp. tiger #2

stay tuned

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I love the C. fasciatum! I had a chance to get some shots of a pair, but they didn't turn out so well. Great photos! :)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Awesome pictures Levi! Love the ones from the little Paraphysa sp. "tiger" ? ;) Interesting looking dwarf...

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanx Stormy!...i love the lil paraphysas to!....i cant part with them,

netr

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
C. fasciatum
This may be an issue more productively raised elsewhere on the forum, but have this individual's tiger bands always been so narrow (furthermore, how old is it?)? I have seven C. fasciatum spiderlings, all of whose bands are rather wide in comparison (examples in my picture thread if you want to see). I don't know a great deal about the genus, but my gut feeling after seeing these images is that the bands either diminish as the spider ages, or maintain a consistent width as it physically grows, resulting in proportionately smaller bands on the adults. I also gather there are subtle differences in appearance between related Cyclosternum species (eg. fasciatum and pentalore) but that most of these with tiger bands end up simply being sold as fasciatum. Nevertheless, I haven't read of any cosmetic differences between species involving the thickness of the bands. Forgive me for mumbling aloud here; I just found the narrowness of those bands pretty striking!

Great photography all-round, by the way.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ya, i hear ya,..this particular specimen is a bit different than others ive owned.....

not sure of her age....she shows the characteristics of an adult, but she is only around 3.5, wich i guess in this sp. is close to full size,..although, i have had some nice size fasciatums....hmmm

pics

P. miranda

through the glass

Pamphobeteus sp. machalla female

C. fimbriatus

out of focus....but i like the way the web turned out

P. pulcher

H. mac

P. formosa

---------- Post added 01-18-2013 at 12:10 AM ----------

P. irminia

Her regal-ness

A. avic

P. ultramurinus

..i find her hard to photograph..

P. metallica

any thoughts?

Last edited:

Kungfujoe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Beautiful dark p. metallica, how old is she? I just wanted to know when my young lady gets that size.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
pics

freshly molted P. metallica sling,...startin to get some color....i believe this one to be female

ventral shot

...on e of her sisters,..this one you can see the female-ness

this one looks male

givin me the finger again

P. irminia

P. rufilata

that is all

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Lovely pictures, Levi! Awesome irminia :D

Btw - what would you say your C. fimbriatus act like? Worse than OBT / Haplo, or easier? I've heard some scary stuff about them and considering I own two slings myself that already show huge attitude, I'm curious about others experiences.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well, id say they are somewhat comparable to those above mentioned,...jus with more focus, and accuracy...i would also they ahve more of a personality aswell, wich makes them easier to reason with in a hostile situation...lol....nah, they are great, one of my fav sp!!

oh, and btw...they wont be slings for long...one of the fastest growing T's ive ever owned!

---------- Post added 01-21-2013 at 10:55 PM ----------

pics

regalis family

P. metallica...hardening up

P. miranda....peekaboo?

P. ultramurinus

P. pulcher

H. maculata....caughter assend while she was boltong into the web tunnels

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanx!..it was a lucky shot,..cant believe she didnt boilt when i opened her door to snap the shot

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well, id say they are somewhat comparable to those above mentioned,...jus with more focus, and accuracy...i would also they ahve more of a personality aswell, wich makes them easier to reason with in a hostile situation...lol....nah, they are great, one of my fav sp!!

oh, and btw...they wont be slings for long...one of the fastest growing T's ive ever owned!

Silly! The "easier to reason with in a hostile situation" part cracked me up! :D They grow pretty much as fast as my P. cam so far. Insane! Mine both show a huge personality already, but I love their looks.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Im hopeing to get sac from her soon,..she was paired up, and ate a little mm a few months ago.