Crap!

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Found ants invaded my smithi's tank today. Not cool! I took everything out and decided to try the potting soil/peat moss thing. She doesn't seem to like it. She crawling up the sides and on her log :(

For my seemanni, how much should I use of each? The smithi's in mostly peat, because I wasn't paying attention...What would be better, more peat or potting soil? I'm hoping to do it tonight to make shure she has no invaders hiding in there.

Thanks in advance,
N.

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm not shure if this is really natural. I found white things that didn't feel like styrofoam. Please help!!!

N.

Last edited:

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nick,
Sorry, I don't think I'm helping you much.
I dont use any potting soil. I like 100% peet moss. Or 75% peet 25% verm.
I think the reason I quit useing potting soil was because of the additives in it.
IMO, 100% peet will be just fine for both of your T's.
The cage climbing is a result of the cage cleaning, not the substrate. Again IMO.
I would moisten the peet just enough so it sticks together when you pinch it, without water dripping out of it.
Hope that helps,:)

Ernie

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks Ernie. I have the potting soil mixed with the peat in both. I may see what happens. Due to the price if the peat, I don't think I can fill the 10 gallon with pure peat right now, as money's tight (I ordered a laptop). I guess I'll see what happens. I examined the white things more and all but the one seem to be styrofoam. Maybe that weird one was just old or something. All the others seem ok.

Wish me luck LoL

N.

PS- thanks again, man. I get so friggin paranoid of my Ts...