Craigslist tarantulas and the people selling them

ScarecrowGirl

Arachnosquire
Its really chancy to buy stuff off of craigslist, There was an ad for re-homing an obt posted yesterday that one of my co-workers told me about. I called the number to find out a little more, the guy had raised the price since yesterday.

There are some interesting people out there. I called and said the usual 'hi, I'm calling about your craigslist ad ' the guy who picked up sounded drunk for one, then he went off before I could say any thing else ' What? some dumb b** is callin for my bug? Yall women arent good for nuthin but house cleanen. Yall dont know anythin. *someone yelling in the back ground* I dont know, some drunk a@@ b** wastin my minutes!' and he hung up

Safe to say I wont be calling him back, I hope that poor spider gets a good home though. My co-worker was interested because he has some t's himself, but his cell is down at the moment so I told him I'd call, so I'm going to have to tell him to call the crazy guy himself. I know I dont really have the experience for an obt quite yet.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
you should post his phone number so we all can call lol...sorry YOU got harassed and wasted YOUR minutes

Sage

Arachnopeon
I'd call and be like "I'm kullin bout that buuuug y'all got on the internets.'

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I was looking at Craig's List for second hand aquariums the other day. I found some, but I'm not sure that the prices necessarily beat Walmart or Petco.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Huh?? When I post on CL,I normally get every idiot in the valley RESPONDING.CL here sucks,nothing but flakey buyers and jokers.

Amoeba

Arachnolord
I've found some really interesting people on CL selling and buying spiders....including Todd Gearheart.

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey now ....Not every one in the valley is a drunkin dead beat pig biget without follow through.

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
I've only bought one spider on craigslist, and it went well. In fact, all my craiglist dealings have gone well! To the OP... all I can say is... whuuuuuttt? Some people jeez. XD

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey now ....Not every one in the valley is a drunkin dead beat pig biget without follow through.
LOL....Most of the people on CL that have contacted me were.....

19tarantula91

Arachnosquire
I have had many CL experiences that have been terrible.... every now and then I do find a good seller.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ts don't normally pop up on my Craigslist, but I have snatched up some amazing deals. I've bought 9 Ts off CL and all were in excellent condition and at great prices. Of course, three of them were slings from a member here.

Normally it's over priced G. rosea and some guy spamming two free Ts, but when a deal comes up I've snatched it up. I have missed out on a few cheap T. stirmi though.

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Since I live in the same region as you I decided to check craigslist - but didn't find it listed. I'd bet that someone complained and the ad got pulled. Too bad. It might have been fun to call and ask a bunch of questions.

WickedInverts

Arachnopeon
Its really chancy to buy stuff off of craigslist, There was an ad for re-homing an obt posted yesterday that one of my co-workers told me about. I called the number to find out a little more, the guy had raised the price since yesterday.

There are some interesting people out there. I called and said the usual 'hi, I'm calling about your craigslist ad ' the guy who picked up sounded drunk for one, then he went off before I could say any thing else ' What? some dumb b** is callin for my bug? Yall women arent good for nuthin but house cleanen. Yall dont know anythin. *someone yelling in the back ground* I dont know, some drunk a@@ b** wastin my minutes!' and he hung up

Safe to say I wont be calling him back, I hope that poor spider gets a good home though. My co-worker was interested because he has some t's himself, but his cell is down at the moment so I told him I'd call, so I'm going to have to tell him to call the crazy guy himself. I know I dont really have the experience for an obt quite yet.
Is that the add saying they have a young child or a child visiting?

---------- Post added 12-17-2011 at 07:35 PM ----------

Since I live in the same region as you I decided to check craigslist - but didn't find it listed. I'd bet that someone complained and the ad got pulled. Too bad. It might have been fun to call and ask a bunch of questions.
Bill 'i think this is the ad. http://tucson.craigslist.org/pet/2757747762.html

Zman181

Arachnoknight

I'm sorry you had to experience that.

Amy Beth

Arachnopeon
I have Text Plus on my phone with a number that is NOt my own. (text plus is a free app) I text plus everyone on craigslist or I email them. I do not want an experience like that and some dumb person having my real phone number. I heart Text Plus.

ScarecrowGirl

Arachnosquire
Is that the add saying they have a young child or a child visiting?

---------- Post added 12-17-2011 at 07:35 PM ----------

Bill 'i think this is the ad. http://tucson.craigslist.org/pet/2757747762.html

Yup thats it,

Honestly, I'm pretty spent at being aggravated at people this week, so that one I laughed off, its just a pity that people are like that.
And my co-worker opted out after hearing what happened, saying that he has enough big tarantulas to cover his man pride lol

Last edited: