craigslist tarantula

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm a total haggler... Walk in with $100 in cash, say it wasn't perfect, but eh... If you take 100, i'll get it out of your hair.

I got my 10x to 80x stereo dissecting microscope the same exact way off of craigslist. Had a receipt from her relative that showed it was purchased for some $1000. it has never been opened and the owner passed away before using it. Asked $250, Offered $125 and she took it. :)

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I'm a total haggler... Walk in with $100 in cash, say it wasn't perfect, but eh... If you take 100, i'll get it out of your hair.

I got my 10x to 80x stereo dissecting microscope the same exact way off of craigslist. Had a receipt from her relative that showed it was purchased for some $1000. it has never been opened and the owner passed away before using it. Asked $250, Offered $125 and she took it. :)
^Heres a guy that knows how its done! :clap: Well played Joe!

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What I do is, say they have something for 170. I ask what they are looking to get, most of the time they'll drop it down some more, so say 150. Then I make an offer off that, like 120, and not the original price. Works pretty well for me.

HankyPankyRoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You sound like my husband CAK, LMBO! I wish I coud find them on Craigs List. Hate Flaggers.

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have never heard that common name but common names are in ample supply and useless anyways.
I don't think "This desert bohemoth" was meant as a common name, but as a fanciful description. Behemoth (the correct spelling) simply means that it's very big, and the advertiser seems to think this spider is a giant.

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
ken the bug guy sells just the t for 200....I checked
I like Ken a lot, but his prices are almost always higher than what you can find buy any other dealers. Ken is an asset to the hobby. I don't want anyone to misinterpret that. His prices are steep though.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
You sound like my husband CAK, LMBO! I wish I coud find them on Craigs List. Hate Flaggers.
100000% agree with the hate of flaggers...have tried to sell a dog on the list before {daughter is allergic}and got flagged 77 times before I got the dog sold
I wanted to hang every last one of them!

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok I don't use craigs list - so I'm not sure what your talking about and am curious... what do you mean by "flag" and "flaggers"?

Are you not suppsoed to sell live animals on there? If so, then why a pet section?

(and if so, why are you doing it and complaining about it?)

I guess what I'm asking... if I'm guessing correctly and "flagging" means someone saying "hey this ad shouldn't be here" and are requesting craigs list to remove it - then... if it's ok to post animals they shouldn't be removing it. If it's not ok then you shouldn't be posting them.

Which is it?

(so I can decide whose side to be on. ;) )

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok I don't use craigs list - so I'm not sure what your talking about and am curious... what do you mean by "flag" and "flaggers"?

Are you not suppsoed to sell live animals on there? If so, then why a pet section?

(and if so, why are you doing it and complaining about it?)

I guess what I'm asking... if I'm guessing correctly and "flagging" means someone saying "hey this ad shouldn't be here" and are requesting craigs list to remove it - then... if it's ok to post animals they shouldn't be removing it. If it's not ok then you shouldn't be posting them.

Which is it?

(so I can decide whose side to be on. ;) )

This is "why" people get flagged.....

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/pet/2093093494.html

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
all it says is "this posting has been flagged for removal" - I don't know what was there before.