Craigslist strikes again

billrogers

Arachnoknight
There is an ad on my local Craigslist for a "Female Bahia Scarlet Tarantula" that is "around 5" with time she may reach up to 8" to 12" leg span and a weight of any where from 8 to 12lbs." Thats right, ladies and gentlemen, Lasiodora Klugi (I guess) now may reach 12 lbs! However, if it is still only 12 inches, that must be one fat tarantula! Oh, and don't forget the added benefit of "She has been handled and loved in the two years I've had her" and "She comes with her tank, black stand, UV light, water bowel and tree bark shelter." :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Craigslist never fails to amaze.

Last edited by a moderator:

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
There is an ad on my local Craigslist for a "Female Bahia Scarlet Tarantula" that is "around 5" with time she may reach up to 8" to 12" leg span and a weight of any where from 8 to 12lbs." Thats right, ladies and gentlemen, Lasiodora Klugi (I guess) now may reach 12 lbs! However, if it is still only 12 inches, that must be one fat tarantula! Oh, and don't forget the added benefit of "She has been handled and loved in the two years I've had her" and "She comes with her tank, black stand, UV light, water bowel and tree bark shelter." :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Craigslist never fails to amaze.
Wow. I'm in Phoenix too. Surprised I missed that ad. I should reply to it and troll them because that has to be a troll ad, sheeeeesh.

Last edited by a moderator:

cold blood

Staff member
And here mine do fine without any handling or love:eek:....maybe I'm just getting lucky.:anxious:

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That looks like a first class tattoo... At least he doesn't have it over priced.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
It's gonna weigh twelve pounds , huh ? Is it one of the Ts from Eight Legged Freaks ?

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
I found this beautiful post. I would purchase this spider just to get it outta there (and the rest of his collection based on that spider's housing) but sadly I just spent all my pet money on the snake and scorp..
View attachment 216469

Prepare for ultimate cringe...

View attachment 216470

also found someone trying to sell a GBB for 100$...
The pink toe has a rehiring fee .

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I'm picking up a subadult E. sp. "Blue Femur" (or E. pulcherimaklaasi, depending on your willingness to be flamed) today from a Craigslist score! This thread reminded me to check :D The asking price was $55 (ha), but I talked him down to $25 and a batch of roaches. At least this guy admitted that he had no idea what he was doing.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I saw the ad that the OP referenced. Gave me a good laugh and scared me a little. A 12 pound tarantula, wow, who knew?

mistertim

Arachnobaron
There was a Craigslist ad in my area recently that didn't even bother with a name, scientific or otherwise. It just said "tarantula". Looked like a G. rosea. Reminded me of the beer in cartoons that just says "Beer" on the label.

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
I found a rose hair being kept in a critter keeper on wet gravel for 35$ and B. vagans being sold as a goliath bird eater for 100$ in a 20 gallon with low substrate and a heat lamp on craigslist!

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Do you have to pay Ts minimum wage?
A hard working webbing T, like an avic gets around $20/per hour. G. roseas, due to their unpredictable mood swings and lazy, rock like movements make them around $3/hour. Ts minimum wage is around a dollar an hour, because what is a tarantula going to spend money on?

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
A hard working webbing T, like an avic gets around $20/per hour. G. roseas, due to their unpredictable mood swings and lazy, rock like movements make them around $3/hour. Ts minimum wage is around a dollar an hour, because what is a tarantula going to spend money on?
:astonished: Crickets! Lots and scads of crickets!