Could you use a used enclosure for another T

tarantulas118

Arachnoknight
My T. Stirmi died the other day and I was wondering if I could use his enclosure for another T even thought his setae and web is all over the place?

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
My T. Stirmi died the other day and I was wondering if I could use his enclosure for another T even thought his setae and web is all over the place?
You can resuse it provided it's an appropriate size for a different T.
We suspect your stirmi passed due to injuries but not totally sure correct?

If that's the case you would want to get rid of the substrate, disinfect with a 10% bleach solution, rinse very well. Let it dry, and start all over with fresh substrate. Better safe than sorry.

tarantulas118

Arachnoknight

If that's the case you would want to get rid of the substrate, disinfect with a 10% bleach solution, rinse very well. Let it dry, and start all over with fresh substrate. Better safe than sorry.
Will do!

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince

I prefer hydrogen peroxide to bleach but agree with you otherwise

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
I just use water and give it a good scrub. Have never had any problems.

Mountaindani

Arachnopeon
Fix the top! That's more crucial than cleaning it, my dude ;)
Not to nag, but I guess I'm going to. Priorities haha

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
To answer the thread title, yes, I've reused entire enclosures and just picked out most of the webbing and never had any issues.

If the previous occupant died and you're not 100% on the cause of death then I'd gut the enclosure and clean it out with warm soapy water though.

vancwa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Don't forget to use disposable gloves w/ long sleeve shirt and face mask. The setae are quite irritating.

tarantulas118

Arachnoknight
Don't forget to use disposable gloves w/ long sleeve shirt and face mask. The setae are quite irritating.
Oh I am not forgetting that, Theraphosa and there hairs are just brutal and I am not risking getting hair all over myself I hated it when it was only on my hands